Hi there! We're looking for a Demand Generation Manager, Self Serve to grow our self-serve marketing funnel and drive our trial generation efforts. Our Demand Generation team, which owns Customer.io’s lead-generating programs, account-based marketing efforts, and paid marketing strategies, plays an integral part in our broader GTM efforts, and we need more growth-minded marketers to help us achieve our future goals.
Your role will involve incorporating various marketing and sales techniques to organize, grow, and optimize our demand generation process. You will support a cohesive demand generation strategy that is supported by multiple marketing initiatives and various lead generation programs. You will manage high-value leads that have the propensity to become users and promoters of our product. We're looking for someone motivated by data, goals, and a collaborative environment. Your responsibilities will include accelerating lead generation trial signups, supporting new growth initiatives, and maintaining existing prospects and customers.
The perfect candidate is excited to support our prospects, startups and new users as they move through our funnel and should possess a methodical approach to using data for driving progress. Candidates with the strongest fit will have experience working within multiple marketing channels and initiatives to generate leads, increase brand awareness, and implement account-based marketing campaigns to capture interest.
Some things you'll do
- Facilitate the execution and optimization of a portfolio of demand generation initiatives and campaigns (i.e., webinars, account-based marketing campaigns, lead nurture programs, social media engagement) to increase top-of-funnel, self-serve MQLs
- Support the optimization of our marketing campaigns and programs to drive stronger ROI, as evidenced by increases in trials, sales leads, pipeline, and revenue
- Led the execution of field events (in-person and virtual), which includes the planning, swag creation/delivery, and follow-up nurturing across a diverse set of touchpoints
- Execute account-based marketing initiatives to support prospecting for our inside sales teams as well as our various channel partners
- Develop segment-focused nurture experiences for existing leads in our trial and startup program funnels that get them reactivated
- Demonstrated experience hitting target goals with the development and execution of integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs
- Excellent analytical abilities and proven success in executing data-driven marketing plans
- Ability to effectively prioritize, coordinate, and complete multiple simultaneous activities
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit: You work best when there is less structure and enjoy the process of building something from scratch
What we're looking for
- 3+ years in a marketing manager, event marketing, demand generation or growth marketing role with first-hand experience building and supporting lead generation initiatives for a SaaS company, ideally in the B2B space
- 2+ years of experience working in fast-growing start-up environments where a growth mindset, adaptability, and a drive for continuous improvement are valued
- Experience with remote work collaboration tools such as Salesforce, Slack, Notion, G-suite and/or other business management/reporting systems
- Time zone availability. You'll need to overlap with your Manager (based in the US) and be able to support users in the Americas (some accommodation for clients with varying timezones may be necessary).
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 5,800 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $90,000 USD (or equivalent in local currency) depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we encourage 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 16 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Opportunities to meet in-person with your peers throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check and employment verifications as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with a Recruiter
- 45-minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 45-minute video call with two important peers or cross-functional partners
- Take-Home Assignment followed by a 45-minute Assignment Review call