Lead Software Engineer at Vivian Health
Vivian Health's mission is to empower every healthcare professional to find their perfect job opportunity. We do this by providing the tools necessary for healthcare professionals to land their dream job and empower them to negotiate for the pay they deserve.
Through the Vivian Health platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more easily find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer that will help us with our mission to empower healthcare professionals to find their dream job. This position is remote.
The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for providing technical leadership, guidance, and expertise to a team of software engineers. This position plays a critical role in driving the design, development, and delivery of innovative software solutions, ensuring the use of best practices and contributing to the overall success of software projects. This role will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to align software development efforts with overall project goals and business objectives.
- Regularly lead technical projects, possibly spanning multiple teams. Task / scope work as necessary for teammates.
- Exemplify strong technical leadership and, most likely own a broad company goal like profile completeness or search personalization.
- Produce and review thorough design documents and scope work for a team of engineers.
- Provide thorough code review and mentorship / feedback to more junior engineers.
- Effectively estimate project scope / timeline and deliver on time.
- Take ownership of existing systems, driving to solutions.
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to achieve positive business outcomes. Maintain a perspective on those outcomes / goals and where the team stands.
- May act as a manager for other engineers (~1-3 engineers maximum).
- Coach / mentor more junior engineers.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Lead the development and implementation of AI solutions by designing and developing scalable and efficient algorithms, models, and frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and propose AI solutions that address complex challenges effectively.
- Supervise and mentor a team of AI software engineers and provide technical guidance to drive excellence in AI development projects.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in AI research, algorithms, and tools, and assess their potential application within the organization.
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques to design and build predictive models and analytics algorithms to optimize various business processes.
- Implement and maintain necessary data pipelines, databases, and infrastructure required for AI development and deployment.
- Work closely with product managers to ensure AI solutions are aligned with customer needs and user experiences.
THE REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Experience as a tech lead on a team
- A desire to serve and understand healthcare professionals experience throughout their job search.
- Structured and well-organized work cadence with comfort tackling complexity and ambiguity
- Proactive and passionate about solving problems and delivering results in challenging situations
THE SALARY, BENEFITS & PERKS:
The range for this position is $160,000 - $200,000 yearly salary, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education, and skills. This range is based on a full-time schedule.
At Vivian Health, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including:
- Flexible Time Off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Generous Parental Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Work from home stipend
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and anyone with disabilities to apply. Vivian Health is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.