Who We Are
30,000 products are launched every year, and 90% of them fail. Highlight is the first and only end-to-end agile product testing platform, enabling the efficient collection of scaled product performance data. Brands like Nestle, P&G, and Estee Lauder rely on Highlight for competitive benchmarking, pre-launch formulation testing, in-market product renovation, and more, to optimize product success. Highlight, launched in 2021, has seen runaway growth and scale, having tested hundreds of products at a fraction of the time and cost of traditional analog methods, and becoming the dominant SaaS platform in the product testing space. Highlight is a woman-owned, minority-owned startup on a mission to create better products for people and the planet. We’re a diverse and collaborative team committed to fostering an environment of innovation, impact, and growth.
We’re hiring an experienced DevOps engineer to join our growing and collaborative team. This is a unique opportunity to establish a greenfield market research platform that connects brands and consumers. Our vision is an engineering team operating at elite levels of deployment frequency and development lead time, and this hire will play a critical early role in building a world-class engineering organization.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work in many technologies, including Go, React, AWS, Terraform, DataDog, and Postgres DB
- Set foundational technical and process decisions for our cloud architecture and developer effectiveness tools.
- Determine, enforce and document infrastructure and CI/CD policies, procedures and standards, developing internal best practices based on industry standards and knowledge.
- Ensure data security, privacy and integrity by performing tests to validate we are meeting our SOC2 Type II compliance goals as they relate to our cloud hosting services.
- Develop self service tooling and templating for our development teams to provision infrastructure
- Be experimental and scrappy to help the team make informed data-driven decisions
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive change across the entire customer experience
- Contribute to our team’s continued growth and development in building, owning, and operating its applications.
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience working in many of our technologies: Kubernetes, Terraform, DataDog, Github Actions, and Postgres DB.
- AWS common services (RDS, EC2, EKS, CloudFront, Lambda Functions, etc.) - AWS certifications are a big plus.
- Love the idea of owning projects end-to-end
- Excited and eager to work with our development teams to build a platform that enables an exceptional developer experience.
- Passionate about staying up-to-date on current trends and best practices in web applications, including performance, security, and usability
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, analytical, a problem-solver, and can function well in a self-directed, team-oriented environment.
- Prior experience working in a fast pace startup is a plus.
- Love breaking new ground/working on greenfield projects.
- Enjoy working in a value focused/iterative environment.
- We try lots of things and keep those that work
- We don’t release code we can’t be confident in
- We give freedom and expect accountability in return
- We collaborate respectfully to build trust
- We invest in each other’s growth and success
- Read more about our Engineering Values here!
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% premium covered
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote WFH culture
- A work-from-home credit to help with office expenses
- Access to the iconic Hearst Tower & its facilities in NYC (should you choose to be in person)
- Starting salary of $150,000 - $170,000
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
We've built a world-class team with decades of experience in the space. We’ve encountered the problems we’re trying to solve first hand and care deeply about making better products. We’ve been fortunate to raise a seed round from First Round Capital as well as experienced angels and insiders to help us further our mission. We’re also a passionate, capable, and empathetic team who live by our Humans First value. We have fun, we care about one another, and we’re all in on tacos.