About the role
Morning Brew is seeking a motion designer to join our growing Design team! The Junior Motion Designer will report to the Motion Designer. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong background in design fundamentals, is passionate about design, possesses a strong sense of empathy, loves to help others, enjoys exceeding expectations on even the smallest tasks, communicates effectively, and is eager to learn.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What you'll do:
- Support the work of the Motion Designer
- Fill motion design requests proactively within their area of responsibility
- Work on projects of medium to high level of complexity
- Nurture and maintain relationships with their stakeholders
- Help establish new design guidelines and standards as needed
- Be an individual contributor for specific motion design projects
- Archive their work in compliance with Design Team standards
- Pioneer the use of new tools and techniques
- Share your learnings with other designers
- Give useful feedback to other designers and stakeholders
- Use tools available to understand our users' needs
- Effectively elevate concerns to higher-level designers/managers when necessary
- Perform other duties, as needed
- 0-2 professional years experience
- Has a high level of competency with most common design and motion design tools, including After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and more
- Understands how to implement principles of motion, pacing, and storytelling
- Experience building templates for other designers and non-designers
- Understands the video editing and exporting process, and how to package deliverables for video editors.
- Communicates in written and verbal form effectively
- Has experience giving and receiving design feedback
- Able to consistently meet deadlines
- Can follow the lead of more senior designers but also has their own personal viewpoint and can contribute to the ideation process
- Experience in 3-D programs such as Blender, Cinema 4D, and Dimension is a big plus
- Experience translating data into visuals like charts and infographics is also a plus
- Be driven and self-motivated
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
- Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
- Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
- Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
- Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.