Working at Thoropass
At Thoropass, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins, and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Thoropass combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Thoropass helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include: J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Role
We are hiring a Product Support Specialist. You will provide enterprise-level assistance to our compliance experts and customers. You should be able to diagnose and troubleshoot issues that arise and escalate as needed. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers, our engineering team, and our support team trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
What You'll Do
- Build an understanding of the mapping of content to customers in order to identify, troubleshoot, and communicate issues
- Assist the CX team in uploading content for designated compliance frameworks
- Conduct detailed investigation & analysis of reported bugs to the Product/Engineering team and flag discrepancies from expected behavior
- Prioritize bugs and requests by assessing the level of impact or time sensitivity to customers
- Synthesize information between customers and Product/Engineering teams in a clear and easily understandable manner
- Assist customers with more technical questions regarding product usage and experience
- Manage the transfer of data and deletion of inactive (trial /churned) client organizations
- Advise and assist in creating custom reports and metrics relevant to customer data and specific needs
- Share your expertise with colleagues, advising on technical questions
- Respond to customers with the correct tone in tricky situations
- Use the terminal and tools such as Datadog to review logs, as needed, for troubleshooting
- Become proficient in tools that map, permission, and manage content
- Propose ad hoc or creative solutions and fix issues in place of committing engineering resources
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Maintain composure and calm demeanor in high-stress situations while maintaining focus to resolve the issue as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of working experience, ideally in a product support role
- Experience creating training materials and leading training sessions for internal and external teams
- Technical competence with Gsuite and web tools
- Familiarity using Jira and Jira Service Desk, or equivalent
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs
- Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to improve delivery for internal and external customers
- Curiosity to find creative solutions to problems and doggedness to enact that solution
- Experience working with Datadog
- Retail Experience
- Experience with Content Management Systems
Compensation & Perks:
- The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $70,000; placement will be based on experience, skills, and location
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision care
- 401K (no matching at this time)
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment stipend
- Monthly wellness and home Wi-Fi stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Pet insurance
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.