About the role
Much like every industry, there are massive headwinds CFOs and their teams face. From trying to combat fraud to working to hire, retain, and promote staff in the midst of a pandemic, corporate finance teams must have their ears to the ground on what’s coming next. The issues are myriad, and not just financially related: MeToo, BLM, covid, and advancements in technology all are shifting the way financial teams operate.
Beyond helping the CFO and their org chart navigate the seemingly byzantine structures of today’s corporate America, there’s also an opportunity to help financial professionals translate what they do and how they do it for C-level executives, board members, and shareholders.
Through a mix of humor and empathy, we will help the corporate financial executive understand their role in the workforce by reporting on both the strategic and tactical levels. Why a CFO does what they do, but also how.
We’re looking for a reporter to ideate, research, and create journalism to help take this vertical to the next level.
What you'll do:
- Pitch, report, and write stories and other associated journalistic endeavors for CFO Brew -- via newsletter, on-site articles, and other venues of distribution.
- Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead creation of non-newsletter editorial initiatives, enterprise pieces, and evergreen content, as we build out a digital home.
- Conduct research to support creation of key stories and inform longer-term projects.
- Interest and expertise in business writing and reporting
- At least 3 years of journalism experience
- Knowledge of corporate finance
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Understanding of how to analyze and draw conclusions from structured and unstructured data
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative, quickly-changing environment
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
- Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
- Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
- Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
- Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.