New York City
Who We Are
Kate McLeod creates effective, good-for-you products that help customers find moments of intentioned self care in their lives. Our hero product is the Body Stone, an innovative solid moisturizer that melts into the skin on contact. It's designed to be used daily and turns something quotidian into an intentioned moment of self care — a source of everyday magic.
We are headquartered in the Hudson Valley, but our roots are in the greater New York metro area. Applicants must live in New York City and be willing to travel to the Hudson Valley as needed for critical in-person meetings.
You will be responsible for capturing, editing, and posting video content for our TikTok and Instagram channels with goals of brand awareness and community growth. You will also be responsible for engaging with our social media community, managing a TikTok-focused content creator/influencer program, and developing innovative ways to engage with our audience. As part of growing our community, you will help the Brand Marketing Manager build our large-scale influencer program by executing quarterly gifting and paid campaigns.
Who You Are
You live and breathe social media, and you have a great eye for taking content—you’re not afraid to get behind or in front of the camera. You love working in small teams, and you are excited about the idea of working closely with a company’s co-founders. You feel excited and motivated by the idea of having a significant impact on a high growth business.
- Capture engaging and relevant social media content with a focus on TikTok video creation
- Own TikTok content strategy and manage a forward-looking social media calendar, ensuring that content and plan align with creative and marketing initiatives and key product moments
- Manage community moderation and engagement by working collaboratively to make sure we fulfill customer needs, questions, and education
- Build and maintain relationships with other content creators/influencers for content creation and strategic partnerships
- Ownership of content creator/influencer sourcing, outreach, contracts, gifting, and asset delivery
- Work with paid ad agency to provide creative content for paid social assets, based on what is performing in our organic channel
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly social media reports with data-driven insights and recommendations to optimize performance on social media
- Assist on brand photoshoots to make sure necessary video content is captured
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of the brand’s voice, product, customer, and policies
- B.A. required; at least 2 years of experience creating content for social channels with a focus on videography
- Experience at a start-up preferred
- Knowledge of and passion for social media platforms and trends on TikTok and Instagram
- Knowledge of the influencer space across multiple platforms
- Experience with social media and influencer publishing tools
- Interest in clean beauty/skincare and/or wellness space
- Strong creative opinion and a good eye for smart, effective content—you appreciate and admire the art of excellent brand content
- Extremely well organized, hard working, and self motivated to complete assigned tasks, anticipate the next step without direction, and exceed expectations
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and dig in enthusiastically, no matter how small the task—everything is figure-out-able!
- Thoughtful communicator and presenter who loves to work collaboratively and live problem solve in a group—you always have lots of ideas to bring to the table!
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Health, dental, vision benefits
- Exclusive employee discounts
Kate McLeod is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome our employees’ differences in race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, among other characteristics.