This job is available in 5 locations
- New York, New York, United States of America
- Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
- Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
- Culver City, California, United States of America
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Strategist, Global Subscriber Acquisition
Your New Role…
This role is a critical position within the Global Subscriber Acquisition (GSA) team. The strategist is the non-managing marketing professional who supports the planning, execution, and analysis of owned assets across linear and digital platforms for the full WBD portfolio. Flawless execution in implementation of strategic media plans based on best practices across owned assets
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Under direct supervision by assigned manager/director, the Specialist will:
- Work with the Director/Manager of Media Strategy to develop recommendations for campaign strategies for linear, DTC and theatrical priorities.
- Interface with network marketing, programming, and research to ensure strategies and practices are aligned with network goals and benchmarks.
- Lead weekly cross departmental meetings to review campaign strategy, program schedule updates, and ratings trends.
- Develop & schedule tactical execution activity for networks/apps to increase subscribers, ratings and viewership, based on agreed upon strategies
- Conduct post analyses of promotional campaigns in collaboration with Manager/Director of Media Strategy and Marketing Science to access success of each campaign.
- Maintain high level of awareness of network/app performance and audience trends to make recommendations for upcoming campaigns and campaigns in progress
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties as necessary
- Independent day-to-day work
- Primary point of contact and implementation contact for assigned campaigns
- Ensure campaigns are accurately planned & executed, reviewed by Media Manager/Director as necessary
- Stay informed of program, ratings and creative updates that directly impact strategies and/or tactics
- Campaign set-up in linear and digital software systems
- Generate pre and post campaign reports to ensure the integrity of historical data
- Work on GSA corporate projects to maintain industry standard best practices
- Interacts with in-house and freelance producers involved with promotion projects; as well as Commercial Operations, Media Logistics & Broadcast Center on an operational basis
- Reasonable availability to resolve promo and secondary event discrepancies via assigned work device(s) and available systems as well as respond to urgent requests from internal and external stakeholders during the workday and outside normal business hours
Qualifications & Experience…
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in Media Strategy and Analytics, Advertising, Digital Marketing with a demonstrated proficiency in media planning and execution within agency, vendor or client television community
- Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency when applicable Basic knowledge of broadcast, television, digital trafficking
- Basic marketing subject matter expertise and competence in developing marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, take initiative and have a positive and collaborative demeanor, be an excellent communicator, team leader and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to effectively sell- in material to internal network partners and other stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure with continuous ability to reprioritize, applying media thinking and “best practice” knowledge to all areas of on-air media planning with minimal guidance
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $47,460.00 - $88,140.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.