The Daily Beast is looking for a skilled Graphic Designer to support the Marketing team with the creation, conception, and execution of design assets across brand marketing initiatives and advertiser campaigns. The ideal candidate should:
- Think user-first, have a bold design perspective, and look for the best approach to tell a story.
- Be as motivated by big-picture strategic projects as the daily work that keeps the train running.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to estimate and communicate turnaround times, feel comfortable asking questions when briefs are unclear, offer suggestions for improving product or process.
- Love digging into typography and trying new things, while keeping with the design principles of the brand.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment – skilled at applying feedback, understanding when to sweat the small stuff, and when done is better than perfect.
The Designer will act as an individual contributor sitting on the Marketing team and reporting to the VP of Marketing. Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
- Create, update, and maintain the visual identity of the Daily Beast’s client-facing materials, including RFP decks, one sheets, ad visuals, screenshot decks, and creative visualization.
- Design for marketing campaigns that support internal business initiatives and deliver on KPIs, including: subscriptions, podcasts, editorial franchises, newsletters, social media, events, and more. These campaigns are often unique, but typically include assets ranging from social, email, on-site, ad media, merch, or printed collateral.
- Art direct cross-platform advertiser campaigns through design, photo-editing, data visualization, and quality management
- Confidently manage projects and project timelines from start to finish incorporating stakeholder feedback
- Enforce brand style guide and best practices across all materials
- Effectively communicate with internal teams and occasionally external clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal partners and peers across design, art, product, and more, to knowledge share, inspire ideas, and build community
- 2-4 years of design experience
- Degree in graphic design or related major, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Keynote and Adobe Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD
- A portfolio showcasing sound design aesthetic with a solid understanding of typography, composition, and grids.
- Experience designing logos, brand guidelines, and creating other visual identity assets
- Can work collaboratively with a team, independently, and under close direction
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast-paced, autonomous work environment
Ideal candidates have:
- Motion Graphic experience
- Social Media Design experience
- Passion for news, entertainment, technology, and content in media landscape
The preference for this role is for a HQ employee with a minimum of one day per week attendance in-office. For the right candidate, we’re open to a remote hire.
Why work for us?
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in New York City. As a part of IAC, we are able to offer best-in-class benefits.
- Flexible vacation & sick leave (for exempt and non-guild employees)
- Hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive, employer-subsidized insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Stocked kitchens with snacks and drinks
- Free Daily Beast subscription
Your well being is our priority:
- Teledoc and One Medical memberships
- Free subscription to Headspace
- A vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!)
We support our parents at all points on their journeys:
- Generous paid parental leave
- Free, premium, unlimited access to Care.com for your ongoing care needs: children, seniors, pets, home, and more
- Care@Work Backup Care for Children: Access to subsidized, in-home (or in-center) care for your children up to 10 days per year
The pay range for this position is: $75K - 85K per year. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and other factors. The range listed is just one component of The Daily Beast’s total compensation package.
Don’t meet every single requirement listed here? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet each and every qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re interested in joining the Beast but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with this job description, we encourage you to give it a shot all the same. It might turn out that you're just the right candidate for this or other roles. See more about our commitment to diversity at https://www.thedailybeast.com/company/diversity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.