Why this role matters
As a Senior UX Designer at Vonage, you will play a strategic role across all stages of the design process, from understanding business strategy and brand, customer needs and market context, formulating outcome-oriented hypotheses and concepts, creating prototypes, validation and measurement, interaction & visual design, feature delivery and optimisation.
At Vonage, our UX Designers play a pivotal role in ensuring that the products and features brought to market are crafted to the highest standard, drive value, and meet and balance the needs of the people who use them and our business vision and goals.
As a Senior you will be responsible for guiding team members, Product Managers, Engineering and stakeholders through the end-to-end design process, inspiring and motivating buy-in and ensuring that decisions along the way are informed by the right insights that will deliver maximum value.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Lead knowledge gathering exercises, such as the planning and facilitation of stakeholder workshops, business interviews, market analysis, design and customer research activities
- Guide teams through crafting high-level visions for products and services, working with PMs to understand business and customer needs and collaborating in the creation of customer outcomes that drive human behavioural change with our products and services.
- Oversee the validation of hypothesis, propositions and concepts, through user feedback and measurable testing activities
- Support our product teams in translating high-level strategic visions of service and products into a delivery focussed roadmap - leading iterative prioritisation and concepting activities, and informing what should be made and why
- Oversee deliverables including prototypes, proof of concept documents, wire frames, elegant user flows, experience maps, etc
- Understand requirements and where appropriate, challenge the approach, backed up with sound customer, business and market insight and data
- Collaborate closely with Product managers, Engineering and Design team members to deliver validated Human Centred Design Solutions throughout the entire design process from discovery through to delivery and beyond.
- Contribute to and help evolve our design system, and individually contribute to an array of projects that use our design system.
- Work closely with remote international teams.
What you will bring
- Proven and practical experience guiding and leading product teams/squads in the definition and delivery of user-centred products and services end-to-end, from unvalidated propositions and concepts through to delivery into market, across a variety of projects types - from strategic initiatives to optimisation of existing projects and quick wins
- Experience of working on projects you have led in the real-world which combine user-centred design principles together with a lean-Agile delivery methodology
- Led co-creation, research and testing activities
- Formed close relationships and earned trust with stakeholders
- Established best practices and refined ways of working.
- Provide context and coaching for other team members in ways of working, processes and practices
- Guiding and mentoring members of your team to support their individual progression in Decision Making and Accountability, Planning & Organisational skills, Coaching and Peer Development
What is required for application
- Highly skilled in in relevant UX, CX and UI (Figma) software tools and able to contribute to and utilise Design Systems
- Ability to cultivate an environment of ego-less teamwork and cooperation, and build partnerships across the organisation to enhance and drive the value of design and UX.
- Ability to demonstrate experience and ownership of the entire design process from problem understanding, defining customer outcomes, concepting, final delivery and ongoing iteration.
(Case studies are recommended)
- Ability to articulate and advocate for UX and CX principles, strategy, and theory with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- Extensive UX design experience
- Portfolio with case studies of shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centred design principles.
- Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organisation.
- Proven ability to both deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts to arrive at an amazing customer experience.
- Fluency in information architecture, as well as solid knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design,
or equivalent professional experience.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flinto.
- Experience designing large-scale systems and applications
- Experience in user research methodologies.
- Affinity for and experience in building interactive prototypes.