Glossier is a people-first beauty company on a mission to give everyone a voice through beauty. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Our store teams operate in environments fueled by our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy. As an Editor, it is your job to ensure the customer experience lives through with our product, its presentation, packaging, and care. Driven by an authentic desire to collaborate and engage with others, you will inspire and create exceptional experiences for our customers as they discover and deepen their connection with our brand through our products - whether in-store, picking up an online order, or processing a return or exchange. As an avid team player, you will collaborate with all members of the store team to ensure every customer touchpoint throughout their experience is cohesive and seamless. Known for being optimistic and able to find joy with everyday interactions, you will help set the tone for the overall culture within the store team - joy is our language! Editors will be part of a team of impassioned storytellers, driven by curiosity and the power of the Glossier community, reimagining the future of beauty one experience at a time.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year and would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As part of the store's team, you will be fully immersed in every aspect of our customers' journeys as they visit our stores. Therefore, as an Editor, you will be trained in all aspects of the store operation, including our customer-facing and back-of-house operations. You will assist with coverage and will be equipped to work in both environments, front and back of the house. Having a holistic understanding of the customer journey, from start to finish, will strengthen our team's abilities when assisting customers with any and all inquiries - with leadership guidance and support as needed.
Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Model and coach Glossier's customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable and inspiring experiences.
- Embody our core values of Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Courageous, Curious, Discerning, and Results-Driven in everything you do.
- Become an expert on the entire portfolio of products, with an active working knowledge on product basics, key benefits, application, formula, customer recommendations, and care.
- Fulfill customer order requests in an expeditious, thoughtful, branded, and accurate manner.
- Develop and nurture relationships with repeat customers, frequently engaging them pre and post visits (communication on promotional events, follow-up on purchases, just checking in!).
- Master all of our customer service expectations, following our training fundamentals, becoming an exemplary Editor and advisor to new team members.
- Monitor customer feedback, working with your store's leadership team, to share information with key stakeholders accordingly.
- Become a brand ambassador, fully versed in all aspects of the Glossier brand and experience!
- Operate with optimism and joy— having fun is not only allowed, it's encouraged!
- Be a safety champion for all! Safely completing all work responsibilities and ensuring the work environment is free of safety hazards, immediately reporting any concerns to management when applicable.
- Partner with store leadership to effectively communicate feedback on inventory logistics, packaging, and customer feedback regarding their physical experience with our products.
- Serve as a product guru and an added resource for product demonstrations (e.g., to our guests and new hires, cross-training team members on new product launches), in partnership with store leadership.
- Outstanding collaborator, able to partner with all members of the leadership and store team in the fulfillment of special projects and/or assignments.
- Adherence to safety standards (e.g., COVID-19) as defined by the store leadership team in accordance with public health guidelines, federal, and state guidelines.
- Restock and replenish inventory in accordance with business and operational standards by leveraging the expertise of inventory management systems, inventory reporting, and store logistics.
- Focus on inventory accuracy, following a meticulous, yet expeditious, mindset when fulfilling customer orders.
- Carefully receive, manage, and inspect shipment deliveries to ensure accuracy and quality, and diligently report discrepancies accordingly.
- Active participant in visual projects (e.g., new display activations, floor moves, product launches, brand events, etc.).
- Uphold all uniform standards, closely following presentation guidelines.
- Become an expert in all operational procedures of the store, both front and back of house, with a focus on providing support to newly hired team members.
- Observe strict confidentiality, particularly as it pertains to handling sensitive information (such as credit card data, customer information).
- Skillful multitasker, able to accommodate multiple customer requests at a time without compromising service standards of excellence.
- 2+ years of experience in a fast-paced customer service operation, such as retail or hospitality environment, is preferred.
- Prior experience, in an advisory or sales capacity, within the beauty/skincare space is preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays is required.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences through meaningful personal interactions.
- An advocate for all members of our community, promoting inclusion and belonging always.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy and understanding while still driving action.
- Driven by operational excellence, understanding the logistics of a retail operation in order for the customer experience to be one that is operationally seamless and memorable.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- A true collaborator in nature, driven by the power of teamwork, who thrives in group settings.
- Positive, willing to learn and grow, and motivated to perform in fast-paced environments.
- Highly adaptable with an impeccable ability to multitask.
- Prior experience with POS (point of sale) or inventory management systems is a plus.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.