Magellan is looking for top talent! Gain professional experience, industry knowledge, and receive great career advice and mentorship by applying for Magellan’s Business Finance and Accounting Internships.
Within this Internship, you will have the opportunity to gain professional experience in entry-level positions in one of the following areas: Accounting, Audit, Commercial Marketing and Business Development, or Commercial Transportation and Logistics.
What sets our internship apart?
Our interns spend 13 weeks in a role with real projects, tasks, and responsibilities. No shadowing here! Our interns attend two facility tours to our operational terminals, meet with senior leaders during "Lunch & Learns", and experience our strong company culture first-hand.
Summary of our Internship Positions:
- Audit-Identifies and evaluates internal controls, prepares and reviews Sarbanes-Oxley business process control designs, and attends compliance reviews at our various field locations to assess performance of our operations team.
- Accounting-Performs Sarbanes-Oxley testing and account reconciliation for general accounting. Responsible for invoicing our customers and participating in ad hoc projects as assigned. Directly involved in compiling, analyzing, and interpreting information for management decision-making.
- Commercial Marketing and Business Development- Assists as an analyst for various project managers for expansion and growth projects, new business opportunities, and actively involved in all phases of the project life cycle. Performs analysis of the business performance of our assets and develops summaries of data to observe market trends and opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Commercial Transportation & Logistics – Assists the logistics coordinator for pipeline scheduling through varying assignments. Provides customer support to shippers, carriers, suppliers and terminal personnel. Analyzes business performance of our assets and customer demand to drive expansion and/or optimization project opportunities.
- Currently Seeking a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Energy Management or a related field.
- Prefer students who have at least completed their sophomore coursework for their degree program by the start of the internship.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or higher overall in course work.
- If pursuing a Master's degree, we require an official transcript(s) from graduating university for undergraduate degree to verify 3.25 GPA requirement.
- Three years or less professional work experience. Please submit most up-to-date resume.
- Demonstrated leadership roles in philanthropic, civic or other organizations.
Successful candidates should also possess the following skills or competencies:
- Strong initiative and desire for continuous learning
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with all levels of leadership internally as well as with external customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Three years or less professional work experience. Please submit most up-to-date resume.
High School Grad or Equiv or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)