In the last few years, remote and hybrid work has had an explosion in popularity, giving workers an unprecedented level of access to opportunity and an increase in quality of life. However, our existing tools were not set up to do remote work well. Work can be isolating, transactional, and void of the camaraderie that makes everyone feel like they’re in it together.
To solve this, Gather builds virtual offices that bring the best of in-person work to remote. We’ve already seen success with our approach, with over 10,000 remote-first companies using our spaces every day.
And yet it’s still the early days for our broader vision of the Metaverse. We’re excited about how the Metaverse can break down physical constraints that exist today, not just in where you can work, but which friends/family you can see, or what educational opportunities you can have access to.
Join us in this mission!
We are looking for a founding Customer Success Manager to build and lead the Customer Success function from the ground up. You will combine the best elements from your prior experience and your deep understanding of Gather to create a best-in-class Customer Success function to guide and support customers to achieve maximum benefits, value, and adoption of our product.
To do so, you must be ready to roll up your sleeves and think strategically at the same time, be customer-savvy yet business-minded, and figure out things for the first time but also be ready to operationalize those findings to scale. You will work directly with our customers, understand their needs, enable them to succeed with our product, deliver an exceptional experience, and turn this into a repeatable engine.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have to be scrappy, customer-obsessed, motivated by impact, and excel at moving fast and operating in unchartered territory. All without the resources or support of a mature organization. What you will have is an exceptional team by your side. You will collaborate closely and work shoulder-to-shoulder with our Sales, Customer Experience, Product, and Engineering teams and report directly to the CEO.
Where you will make an impact:
- Work closely with customers to solve complex problems, and figure out how to operationalize those solutions at scale.
- Build and manage relationships with our customers’ leadership and stakeholders to ensure successful deployment, adoption, and ongoing customer health.
- Validate, synthesize, and deliver high-signal customer feedback to internal stakeholders, and identify themes across customers to incorporate into product planning.
- Deeply embed within our customers to understand their goals and needs. Serve as their thought partner and provide guidance on utilizing Gather in service of those goals.
- Codify best practices, guides, playbooks, and enablement materials based on your learnings.
- Stand up and operationalize different sub-functions within Customer Success, including onboarding, adoption, expansion, renewals, and account management.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales team to ensure a seamless handoff between pre- and post-sale and a fluid customer journey.
What you bring:
- 6+ years of experience in a Customer Success (or similar) role, working with a complex product.
- A vision for what a next-generation Customer Success organization should look like, combining domain expertise with first principles thinking.
- An ability to influence cross-functionally across all levels of an organization both internally and externally, to deliver positive customer outcomes.
- Deep customer obsession and empathy for champions, skeptics, and everyone in between.
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You have a driver-seat mentality, can balance long-term and short-term thinking, and are hungry to make an impact. You do whatever it takes.
- You understand the need to embrace scrappiness and have a bias towards action, yet stay organized and deliver high-quality output.
- Operate with high horsepower, are adept at context switching, and work on multiple projects at once with expansive ownership.
- Startup or early growth stage experience going 0 to 1 and 1 to 10 (preferred).
- Experience with Product-led growth and B2B SaaS (preferred).
- Experience working directly in Sales or alongside elite Sales teams (preferred).
- Experience managing a high-performing Customer Success team (preferred). We’re looking for a founding Customer Success hire to join the ground floor and start hands-on, with the opportunity to build out the function over time as the role evolves.
US Salary Range
At Gather, compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $130,000 - $160,000 annually and we encourage candidates outside of this salary range to apply.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for a stock reward program.
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.