GAITHERSBURG, MD /PROMINENT EDGE LLC – CURRENT FEDERAL OPENINGS // HYBRID
We are looking for a Information Help Desk/ Windows Support to join our team at Prominent Edge. We are a small, stable, growing company that believes in doing things right. Our projects and the needs of our customers vary greatly; therefore, we always choose the technology stack and approach that best suits the particular problem and the goals of our customers. As a result, we want engineers who do high-quality work, stay current, and are up for learning and applying new technologies when appropriate.
· Supporting customers in-person and remotely
· Writing simple documentation, step-by-step guides, or customer request details for others to read and use
· Using knowledge base applications or sites to map situations to potential solutions
· Applying basic network concepts in resolving customer issues
· Applying standard operating procedures or known solutions.
Associates degree, 60 credit hours completed in computer science or information systems management or one year of experience in providing Tier II Desktop Support service in an Enterprise environment (250 or more users)
· ITIL Foundations v3 or v4 (the contractor has 40 business days from start date to obtain this certification)
· Dell Hardware (the contractor has 20 business days from start date to obtain this certification)
· CompTIA A+
Experience supporting technology and users of technology in a customer support function or role, including at least three items below:
· Windows endpoint device installation
· Windows endpoint device break / fix & upgrade
· Local and network printer installation & repair
· UPS repair (APC)
· Installation of Windows based COTS software & drivers,
· Installing NIST Windows system images
· Windows security patching
· Malware & virus removal
· Troubleshooting multifaceted incidents and questions
Not only you get to join our team of awesome playful ninjas, we also have great benefits:
3 weeks paid time off per year+10 Holidays
Six percent 401k matching, vested immediately
We offer comprehensive health care plan(s) with nationwide coverage for you and your family
This organization participates in E-Verify
You are organized and eager to accept responsibility.
You want a seat at the table at the inception of new efforts; you do not want things "thrown over the wall" to you.
You are an active listener, empathetic and willing to understand and internalize the unique needs and concerns of each individual client.
You adjust your speaking style for your audience and can interact successfully with both technical and non-technical clients.
You are detail-oriented but never lose sight of the Big Picture.
You can work equally well individually or as part of a team.
U.S. citizenship required.
We are both a Products and Services company. We not only create our own products but we also provide DevOps as a service to our clients.
"Hire the best people. Do the best work." is our Brand Statement.
We value teamwork. We support each other and believe in shared success.
We believe in Continuous Improvement.
We believe in Continuous Learning.
We work in both the Commercial and Government sectors.
We have been doing remote work since the inception of the company and are very good at it.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter