About the role
Vumedi is seeking a Lead Product Designer to be the first designer in our fast-growing Product organization. Working directly with the VP of Product, you’ll own key product initiatives from vision to execution, deepen our understanding of VuMedi users, and set early standards that shape how UX/UI deliver value to our mission and broader org.
The ideal candidate thrives as a mentor, is a practiced advocate for user-centered design, and has significant experience delivering impeccable UX recommendations that serve a larger CX ecosystem and brand identity.
What you'll do:
- Leverage your pressure-tested design craft to surface opportunities and problem spaces, helping VuMedi deliver the most value possible to our users.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes that communicate interaction and design ideas in a compelling way.
- Help define Vumedi’s user research practice. You’ll participate in strategy conversations around research priorities and cadence, and conduct standard-setting research yourself (user interviews, surveys, focus groups, usability testing, etc).
- Balance multiple projects, prioritizing with sound judgment and optimizing for the widest radius of impact.
- Serve as a mentor to more junior members of the team, helping with onboarding, training, feedback, and setting high standards of rigor and quality.
- Contribute to, and potentially own, ORKs for the UX/UI function.
- Exemplify our company values: Desire to learn, Caring, Collaboration, and Transparency. You can read more about these on our careers page.
- Energized by the responsibilities of full-stack UX ownership. You like wearing many different hats and may have been the first or second designer at a company before.
- A big-picture thinker, capable of weighing and advising on tradeoffs. You always keep broader company goals and the mission in mind.
- Capable of building trust and rapport with key stakeholders through expert communication skills, and the depth and quality of your research practice.
- A practiced and passionate advocate for human centered design, who can communicate the value of user-centered solutions based on first-hand experience.
- Up-to-date on the latest UI trends, tools, techniques, and technology.
- Held the responsibilities and scope of impact of a Principal, Staff, or Lead level designer for a tech-forward company.
- Established a track record of delivering on a broad set of design work. You are comfortable wearing many different hats.
- Designed within and contributed to both new and established design systems.
- Experience communicating design recommendations to company leadership in a way that builds trust in your team’s work.
- Experience creating clarity for yourself and others in moments of ambiguity.
- Significant experience leading mobile-first design, having navigated hard tradeoffs in various responsive design scenarios.
- Experience as a leader in cross-functional collaboration with engineering, Product, and marketing teams.
- Though not a direct requirement for this role, you may have interest in directly managing a UX/UI pod.