Palo Alto CA, Pittsburgh PA, Dearborn MI, Remote
Latitude AI is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
At Latitude, the Overwatch team is dedicated to developing cloud software using cutting-edge architecture principles and the latest widely-used technologies. Our primary focus is on building highly scalable and highly available systems. Specifically, we are responsible for three key areas:
- Building a highly scalable platform that coordinates jobs and processes their outcomes. This platform is mission-critical and must support significant levels of parallel processing, multiple stages of execution, accurate data flow, and results processing coordination.
- Developing data pipelines capable of ingesting and processing terabytes of data daily.
- Developing common services for the company's cloud infrastructure that provide a strong foundation for all cloud services.
Our philosophy centers around a small team of talented developers producing a high-quality product.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and design the jobs platform for efficient resource utilization and exponential growth.
- Engage closely with internal customers and build up requirements and designs reflecting current business needs and scalable solutions.
- Develop and maintain gRPC APIs in a microservices architecture using the latest technologies.
- Take ownership of developing highly scalable features.
- Effectively communicate with internal customers.
- Ensure system correctness and 24/7 stability.
- Build and advocate common services/frameworks for use across multiple teams
- Enhance the robustness and resiliency of both existing and forthcoming microservices.
- Implement strong product quality, performance, and security practices using Jenkins, Terraform, and Kubernetes.
- Develop services in Java/Kotlin.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience in designing high-scale solutions that meet user requirements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior experience developing for and administering to a large-scale platform for work like Kubernetes or AWS Batch.
- Excellent proficiency in Java, Kotlin, Go or Python.
- Experience designing and constructing complex data processing systems at scale, with an emphasis on performance tuning.
- Experience creating distributed systems using asynchronous communication. (e.g. Redis, Kafka, AWS EMR)
- At least 8+ years of experience in a related field where actively coding & designing 80% of their time.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 13 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Latitude, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Latitude has made the decision to require U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.