About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Underwrite and produce commercial risks in accordance with Tokio Marine America's corporate goals and guidelines, reinsurance arrangements and objectives. Stay within your individual authority as designated on your written authority statement. In addition, responsibilities include assisting management with monitoring underwriting quality and achievement of the department's goals. This includes assistance with training, quality reviews, management reports, and other duties assigned to assist management in organizational development.
*Essential Job Functions:*
- Review new business, renewal and endorsement requests. Analyze all information provided. Obtain additional information as needed to determine acceptability based on underwriting guidelines and sound judgment. This includes giving proper instructions and direction to the support staff to efficiently process transactions.
- Work with assigned producers to generate commercial business.
- Manage the relationship between the company and the broker as it relates to underwriting.
- Cooperate with co-workers to foster a teaming atmosphere. Work with established work-flows to meet Western Region time service goals.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with producers.
- Utilize effective sales and negotiation skills to obtain and retain accounts on the most profitable terms available to TMA.
- Work closely with other internal departments such as loss control, claims, coordination, premium audit and accounting to meet client service goals and increase knowledge on your accounts.
- Follow TMA and Department of Insurance Guidelines to ensure the profitability and legality of assigned book of business.
- Handle complex accounts including some or all, but not limited to the following items: Large deductible programs, Retro programs, Loss rated programs, Composite rated programs
- Negotiate manuscript wording as needed
- Use of the actuarial pricing model
- Negotiate reinsurance terms
- Act as a resource within your team regarding your areas of expertise. Stay current on industry trends, on your tines of coverage and share this information with your team.
- Prepare production reports and special projects as assigned by management.
- Assist management in organizational needs and training that requires technical expertise. Conduct Underwriting Reviews as directed by Management.
- As required, review out of authority referrals from others in department. Make use of current TMA technology to process your work. Update skills as necessary, including but not limited to the Policy Decisions, SalesForce, TED Portal, OnBase, MyTMM, Policy Decisions Commercial Lines applications and Word and Excel programs.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- College Degree preferred- Minimum of ten years of commercial underwriting experience or equivalent.
- CPCU Designation preferred
- Computer literate (MS Windows environment preferred)-Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with underwriting Workers Compensation, Package policies, General Liability, Automobile and Umbrellas.
- Ability to innovate and apply new ideas
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Salary range of $120,000- $135,000. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $135,000.00 per year