We're looking for a Commercial Analytics Associate to join our Life Sciences Partnerships team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and what we’re looking for, to help you evaluate if Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Today, Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other data set in oncology. We have active partnerships with top oncology biopharma companies focused on using RWE to answer their most critical questions quickly and safely. The Life Sciences Partnerships (LSP) team is responsible for building long-term, sustainable partnerships with our biopharma partners in support of advancing their research priorities using Flatiron’s Research offerings and driving revenue growth for Flatiron.
Commercial Analytics at Flatiron is a small, high-impact team, responsible for driving end-to-end sales analytics and operations for the Life Science Partnerships (LSP) team, leveraging data and analytics to accelerate growth and drive efficiencies for Flatiron’s complex and ever evolving Research business. The Commercial Analytics team builds sustainable processes focused on forecasting, demand planning, market landscape analysis, optimizing sales operations and product performance. Key stakeholders for this role include the Chief Commercial Officer, CFO, Flatiron’s Research Leadership Team, Product Management Leaders, and LSP leadership (Principals and VP).
The Commercial Analytics Associate will work with cross-functional partners in LSP, Product, Finance and Marketing to inform Commercial strategy, ensure effective execution, improve ongoing operations and drive key strategic initiatives critical to Flatiron's Research business. In addition, you'll also:
- Build gold standard business processes, metrics and reporting to help Flatiron’s sales and commercial teams run efficiently and effectively
- Help drive a regular cadence of monthly analytics and insights that are high-impact and actionable for the business (e.g., bookings reforecasts, product / customer analysis, pricing analysis and any other ad-hoc analysis)
- Provide insightful, full-cycle sales support to the LSP team, including guidance on pricing, pipeline management, performance vs budget and associated analytics
- Partner with internal stakeholders to support annual strategic planning exercise with analyses of market opportunities and demand, resourcing, and other operational elements
- Define data integrity principles, ensure these are rigorously applied to underlying data, to establish a consistent source of truth for all Commercial analytics, forecasts, budgets and business decisions
- Partner with LSP and Research Leadership Team to support the development of Flatiron’s long term business planning, growth strategy, Commercial strategy, operational plan, bookings forecast and targets
- Support key strategic and operational initiatives through analyses and problem solving of root causes, productivity and efficiency
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s Corporate Applications team to continue developing an effective data-gathering system through Flatiron’s sales pipeline software (e.g. Salesforce, Mavenlink)
- Lead development of dashboards and data visualizations for cross-functional stakeholders including LSP, leadership, product, and others.
- Help define the principles, metrics, targets and process for incentive compensation of the customer facing LSP team(s)
Who You Are
You're a strategic thinker with an analytical approach to problem solving and a pragmatic sense for how to get things done. You’re highly motivated by being part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have 2+ years of experience some portion of which involved working with sales, sales operations, business intelligence, Commercial strategy, revenue operations, consulting, investment banking and/or finance teams
- You have a B.A. or B.S. degree with demonstrated academic achievement
- You have strong communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audiences
- You have the ability to navigate conflicting interests, identify the most pragmatic solution (with data), and implement streamlined processes.
- You are solution-oriented and proactively anticipate and manage roadblocks, identifying and articulating alternative solutions to the problem at hand
- You have demonstrated experience presenting complex analysis and insights to audiences
- You are comfortable with rolling up your sleeves and “getting your hands dirty” with data and team deliverables
- You have a start-up mindset, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to constantly prioritize and think at the goal level
- You are passionate about healthcare and the fight against cancer
- You have prior experience in Enterprise Sales or Commercial Strategy
- You have experience in driving both design, rollout and maintenance of CRM and other databases and platforms
- You have an understanding of and past experience working with biopharma companies
- You have familiarity with Salesforce, other business insights tools (e.g., Tableau/Looker) and are familiar with SQL
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.