Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Morning Brew seeks an energetic and enthusiastic editor for our personal finance newsletter Money Scoop newsletter, which uses wit and smarts to help 250,000+ subscribers get the most out of their money.
Money Scoop was founded on the belief that millennials don’t actually spend money all that differently than the generations before them; they just have less of it. Which means they want more tips and tricks to make money work for them beyond the basics. Money Scoop offers accessible, judgment-free guidance on how to evaluate, then decisively take, those next steps.
If you’re interested in Wall Street scoops and financial scandals, this isn’t the job for you. But if investing, taxes, jobs reports, budgeting, credit cards, and retirement savings excite you, this is where it’s at.
This role will be instrumental in the development and execution of stories, series, and editorial packages both within and beyond the newsletter.
The ideal candidate is passionate about how financial markets and economic systems affect the everyperson’s wallet. You should be able to look at copy about head-spinning topics and make that complexity accessible to our readers. You’ll work with our writers to encourage precision, clarity, accuracy, and a strong, memorable voice. We aim to never be boring or stuffy—no small task for a topic like this.
This job will require you to work cross-functionally with copy editors, fact-checkers, designers, growth and social leads, and engineers. Being a team player and getting along with peers is essential. You should also be flexible: We’re in high-growth mode at Morning Brew and a game-for-anything attitude is a must.
Candidates with at least three years of experience editing personal finance content are strongly preferred. Have you worked as a financial advisor or hold a CFP, CPA, CFA, or master’s degree in a business field such as finance, accounting, economics, statistics? Even better.
Morning Brew is based in New York City but this role is remote-friendly for all candidates.
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
How We Treat Each Other:
• Respectful Candor -- We believe that engaging in timely, constructive, and open discourse is an act of respect that makes for a more transparent and productive work environment.
• Empathy -- We establish a strong partnership of trust with our co-workers and partners. We build human connections in order to understand each other.
• Inclusivity -- We strive to celebrate and welcome people of diverse backgrounds and cultures. Differing perspectives help us make better decisions and have more fulfilling experiences.
How We Treat Our Work:
• Curiosity -- We learn every day through deliberate inquiry and exploration. We re-examine assumptions to be a better company, offer better products, and become better colleagues.
• Accountability -- We celebrate our successes and own our failures. Taking responsibility for our actions allows us to learn from our experiences.
• Bias Toward Action -- We know speed matters in business so we embrace quick and calculated risk-taking. We understand that many actions are reversible and therefore we are solutions-oriented, even when facing obstacles and challenges.
• Challenger Mentality -- We don’t allow ourselves to be comfortable with our success. We are hungry to become the best and create more value for our audience.
• Clarity of Purpose -- We understand the “why” in our work, which helps us to operate at our highest level of performance and efficiency.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
U.S Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Family planning: Want to join #brewparents? Generous paid parental leave and fertility coverage for eligible employees.
Employee resource groups: Black Coffee, LGBTQ Brew, AAPI Brew, Cafe Con Leche, and Grounded... plus more!
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll reimburse you.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter