✍🏽 About Writer
AI your people will love. That's our vision, and it contains multitudes :-)
We're filling a big need for generative AI built ground-up for the needs of enterprises and embraced by their teams. As generative AI became a board-level initiative almost overnight for most enterprises, our market matured dramatically and we benefit from that tailwind. Our product is highly differentiated, our roadmap is transformative, and our customers are happy and vocal.
📐 About this role
As a Director, Enterprise Sales, you'll be responsible for building and leading a high-performing enterprise sales team that targets CIOs and CMOs at Fortune 500/Global 2000 companies, providing guidance, coaching, and support to drive individual and team success. Your primary focus will be on driving revenue growth from both new logos and existing accounts, establishing and iterating on repeatable sales processes, and helping Writer continually improve how we serve our enterprise customers.
Your positivity, sense of curiosity, and ability to create champions from early adopters in the AI writing space will help shape our entire culture. If you have a builder mentality, this is the role for you.
You’ll grow the team, including building additional leadership support to your CSMs.
As a senior leader in the business, you'll be reporting to our Head of Sales
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Deliver against aggressive but attainable sales targets to continue building and developing Writer's success with enterprise customers
- Establish and iterate on sales processes, including lead generation, qualification, pipeline management, POC oversight, and forecasting, to drive consistent and predictable results.
- Hire and develop top sales talent aligned with our connect/challenge/own company values, identifying the highest leverage coaching opps for each rep and developing plan to address
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams to develop effective sales collateral, presentations, and proposals that highlight the value proposition of our full-stack generative AI platform.
- Provide regular sales forecasts, performance reports, and insights to senior leadership, highlighting key metrics and areas for improvement.
- Foster a culture of high performance, collaboration, and continuous learning within the sales team.
- Own operational metrics such as pipeline growth, sales cycle length, and close rates
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support to ensure the team's success in achieving revenue and new logo goals.
- Own forecasting processes to ensure we’re driving predictability across your team
- Develop and implement customer success strategies, process and initiatives to drive customer adoption, utilization, and overall success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including customer sucess, marketing, and product, to align sales efforts with overall business objectives.
- Establish and personally maintain strong relationships with key customer executives, acting as a trusted advisor and advocate.
- Model the integrity, attitude, and sense of urgency that you’ll expect from your team
⭐️ Is this you?
- 8+ years in SaaS with 5+ years demonstrated experience leading enterprise sales teams selling to Fortune 500 to exceed revenue targets, preferably selling into CIO and CMO personas
- Highly strategic with deep experience in consultative, large-enterprise customer selling
- Proven experience building and leading a team from an early stage
- Operationally excellent, with demonstrated experiences building and executing a highly prescriptive, value-based sales process
- Proven ability to work across the GTM organization to strategize, plan and execute a cross-functional approach
- Highly tenured at working directly with C-suite stakeholders in large enterprise organizations
- Demonstrated ability to drive efficiency with process improvement and systems
- Hands-on sales leader, energized by the transformative potential of generative AI
- Location within 50 miles of the Bay Area
Curious to learn more about who we are and how we operate? Visit us here
- We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion,
creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.