Who We Are
Goodway Group is AdAge's 2023's BEST PLACE TO WORK! As an independent and remote-first media and marketing services firm with a 90+ year history, Goodway Group has the security of an established company combined with a start-up feel. With leading data-driven and technology-enabled digital media and marketing services firm with teams in the U.S. and the UK, our diverse team of digital strategists, media practitioners, technologists and data scientists have won the most prestigious awards for innovative marketing technology, impactful work and inclusive remote-first places to work including being honored as a multiyear winner in Ad Age Best Places to Work, Ad Exchanger's Best Use of Technology by an Agency Award and two MarTech Breakthrough Awards and a certified service partner to The Trade Desk.
Goodway Group is looking for Integrated Media Planning experience working on national accounts and significant ad spends across all appropriate channels with weighted budget investments based on clients' media strategies. Extra points if you have a background in Healthcare, Pharma, Tech, Commerce, Retail, or Shopper marketing!
This position is fully remote and can be located anywhere in the United States working from a home office.
What You Will Do
This position is a critical component of a client team within Goodway, and requires comfort with occasional client contact, although not client ownership working with both brand direct and agency clients. You will:
- Develop integrated media plans based on client's goals and target audience. Media evaluation should include all appropriate channels with weighted budget investments based on clients' media strategy, business objectives, and customer journey.
- Devising and structuring campaign and advertiser measurement strategy
- Reviewing/verifying media buys to ensure proper execution during the campaign launch process.
- Receiving input from Client Experience, Client Strategy, and Media Solutions within your assigned teams and using research and forecasting tools to in turn develop strategic media plans.
- Managing campaign budgets and the negotiation/purchase of non-biddable media, inclusive of maintaining rapport with digital media vendors, publishers, etc. to keep up with the latest features, and new buying opportunities.
- Preparing budget breakout flowcharts based upon the media brief and/or the marketing strategy.
- Collaborating with client service and strategy teams to develop comprehensive go-to-market client plans, including slide development
- Assisting in the strategic analysis of campaigns, and drawing conclusions to improve performance of future flights.
- Facilitating the media plan handoff with Media Solutions Managers (activation team) so that it is clear enough to be set up and optimized well.
- Presenting media plans alongside Client Experience on key accounts.
- Participate in new business opportunities as required.
- Play an active role in understanding emerging media opportunities and identifying how to solve client business problems with innovative ideas
Who You Are
- Knowledgeable: You have a BA/BS and a minimum of 2 years of media planning experience with large brands.
- Strategic Expert: You have digital media planning expertise across digital channels including search, social, display, and video (inclusive of programmatic,) connected TV, digital audio, and digital out-of-home (but not limited to). You are able to connect how the media plan will be measured to form a continuous loop of strategic planning and accurate measurement.
- Tactical: You have basic knowledge of campaign execution with DSPs, bid management tools, social buying platforms, ad servers, DMPs, and 3rd party data. You are highly confident in developing detailed spreadsheets as well as presentations.
- Innovative: You are eager to test new platforms and quickly learn what works, what doesn’t, and why. You can articulate what you expect to happen as the output of a plan and actively seek to make improvements to existing campaign plans and consistently connect with team members to understand what is performing or not. You’re a problem solver.
- Organized: You’re able to effectively manage multiple things, competing priorities, and several requests at one time, through intentional time management and good prioritization.
Things You Should Know
- Our workdays can sometimes be long and unpredictable. You should be comfortable and capable of sitting and/or standing at a desk for at least 8 hours.
- Twice per year, we gather together to work and play for a week. Both retreats are “can’t miss” events (this year offered virtually and on-site!). There may also be other opportunities to travel depending on your specific role and business needs.
- This job description does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Check us out at www.goodwaygroup.com to learn more!
If you identify as a female candidate, and feel you can do this role even if there are a few things perhaps you've not done, please apply anyway! Goodway Group is 70% Female! We realize that men tend to apply for jobs when they can meet around 60% of the requirements for the role, where women tend to only apply when they know they meet 100% of the requirements.
Goodway Group is human-first, constantly working to become more inclusive and to make sure our employee population reflects our desire to constantly add to our diversity in all ways. We want applications from everyone, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizen status, age, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected status. #usremote