New York City
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Location: Hybrid in New York
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with frontend and backend development.
- 1+ years of experience with Node.js
- Experience working with at least one of the following frameworks: React/Vue/Angular.
- A deep understanding of production systems and the architecture of web products.
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
- Proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product and our customers.
- Experience working on an API as a product, or other products for engineers
- 1+ years of experience with AWS, Lambda, and cloud architecture
A day in the life and how you’ll make an impact:
- As a Full Stack Engineer for Product Engineering, your day will be spent creating and maintaining the products that let our customers manage their business payments in new ways.
- We are building a platform that allows us to quickly iterate and launch custom solutions with high profile partners like Capital One and Shopify. We release features on an ongoing basis, build integrations, and develop tools that help us work more efficiently.
- You'll interact with various parts of the system, from the back-end to the front-end, hence your work will involve dealing with diverse data structures and user interfaces. You'll work with technologies like AWS Lambda, Node.js, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, and MySQL to make this possible. We’re building REST APIs that we use internally and share externally, and new products based on these.
- Cross-collaborate and discuss with other team members about current issues or future improvements, writing code to implement new features or fix bugs, conducting code reviews, and deploying updates.
- Having a continuous improvement mindset, you'll strive to identify areas for improvement in the codebase and propose actionable solutions.
- This role will be vital to ensure we maintain the quality of our products, uptime and availability, and solving our users’ needs.
About the team:
The Product Engineering Group develops all customer-facing products. We are Innovators and Problem Solvers, using domain expertise to expose business payments capabilities to small businesses wherever they meet us. Our products are standalone, embedded, white-labeled or customized, bringing the Melio features to more and more entry points. We use a modern technology stack, including React, NodeJS, TypeScript, and serverless microservices architecture over AWS.
Committed to continuous improvement and agile methodologies, we are always looking for ways to optimize our codebase and streamline our processes. We test end-to-end, release early and often, and keep a high standard for code quality and performance.
Within our high-performance culture, we value teamwork, excellence, and fresh ideas. The Product Engineering group works on new products, fosters trust within our partners, and collaborates internally with infrastructure teams and platform engineering.
About Melio USA:
- Competitive compensation packages: We strive to make each and every employee feel valued and appreciated.
- The annual base salary range for this position is $164,000-$189,000
- Medical, dental, vision: We offer highly competitive and selected plans with 100% coverage, FSA and HSA.
- 401K matching and stock options: Feel the investment of working at a hyper-growth startup.
- Wellness: We take a holistic approach to wellness at Melio with a focus on providing financial, physical, emotional, social, and community support for our employees.
- Time Off: Time to rest and recharge is a priority for us. We offer competitive vacation time, sick days, holidays, parental leave and wedding days to allow you to take the time you need, when you need it.
- Food perks: Enjoy our fully stocked kitchens, along with a weekly Seamless stipend and plenty of catered meals each week.
- Office culture: Thrive in our collaborative offices in New York City or Denver, in a hybrid working environment. We are dog friendly as well!
- Growth and development: Lean on the diverse team to foster professional and personal growth through workshops, mentorship programs, and team building activities.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
Melio's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts have always been a top priority within our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all of our employees encompass different strengths, experiences and backgrounds. DEI within Melio prioritizes race, gender, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts that make up one's identity. Having a diverse team across all offices is key to our success, and inclusion is each #TeaMelio member's responsibility.