Solar Landscape is changing the way America goes solar.
We are advancing energy equity, making carbon-free energy accessible to all people. We invest into historically underinvested communities.
Solar Landscape is growing fast. Like, really fast. Doubling in size year after year, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive our next phase of growth. We’re made up of thought leaders, thinkers, dreamers, doers. We are insightful, driven, rebellious, fun, and we are better together. Our diverse and unique backgrounds are all given a voice and seat at the table to help make real change for the communities we serve.
For more about Solar Landscape, visit www.solarlandscape.com.
Solar Landscape needs your help in changing the way America goes solar.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of solar projects, including project planning, budgeting, buyout, construction management, project controls/reporting, scheduling, risk management, etc. The Project Manager will also provide both leadership and technical expertise internally and externally for project success.
- Plan, budget, manage, and complete PV projects of moderate complexity, or multiple projects of lesser complexity simultaneously
- Coordinate design and permitting activities with engineering team and local authorities
- Work with Safety Manager to develop Site Specific Health and Safety Plans and implement safety procedures
- Manage Quality Control and develop/implement Site Specific Quality Management Plan
- Develop construction schedules for assigned projects
- Solicit, negotiate, and execute subcontracts and purchase orders with timely delivery to support the project schedule
- Schedule and manage deliveries of materials and equipment. Maintain accurate receiving records and provide timely follow up to missing items, damaged goods, backorders, etc.
- Plan, execute, and take responsibility for self-performed work and managing labor crews and subcontractors. Plan sequencing, crew-sizes, productivity goals, and monthly labor spend. Execute work and track actual results, adjusting and refining forecasts to reflect actual production
- Trains Foremen on pre-planning, surveying, plan reading, productivity, efficiency, economical crew size, quality workmanship, and safety to ensure projects are expeditiously constructed
- Act as primary point of contact for Customers and Key Stakeholders while organizing and leading regular meetings
- Provide status reports to Senior Management on a regular basis, particularly regarding safety, quality, schedule, and cost forecasting
- Complete all job closeout procedures including AHJ inspections, interconnection, testing, documentation, Owner’s Engineer revies, Independent Engineer reviews
- Manage, train, and supervise project team; act as mentor to younger employees to encourage professional growth and career development
- Support sales activities with estimates, contract review, and client communication
- Build a trust and rapport with all Solar Landscape departments
- Engineering or Construction Management Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Field construction management experience, 5-8 years
- Leadership ability
- Competent with MS Office suite, Dynamics 365 (or other construction management software), Microsoft Project
- Strong understanding of rooftop, ground-mount, and carport commercial PV construction means and methods
- Knowledge of behind-the-meter and Utility interconnections
- Understanding of Purchase Order, Subcontract, PPA, EPC Contracts and Project accounting
- Organization and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter
- Knowledge of construction safety requirements; OSHA 10 or 30 certification
- Valid Driver’s License, must be willing to travel to various job sites
- Ability to climb ladders and access building roofs
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Solar Landscape’s company culture is second to none.
Our 160+ employees combine our mission, grit and drive with a rebel’s attitude that’s changing the industry!
We offer a competitive compensation package; a 401(k) employer-match; health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off and holiday PTO; We provide healthy snacks, coffee, volunteer opportunities, company outings, and more!