SAN FRANCISCO, CA /RECRUITING // ON-SITE
Here at Imbue, recruiting is mission critical. We believe recruiting is not just about evaluating candidates, but also about understanding them and their journeys on a deep level. And we strive to be thoughtful and as transparent as possible—here’s a blog post explaining our recruiting process in depth.
As our Recruiter/Talent Coach, you will be responsible for owning the candidate experience and growing our team.
No recruiting experience necessary. We’re looking for someone who enjoys connecting with people all day every day, gets stuff done, and is eager to deeply engage with technical topics so that you can discuss them authentically. If you’re hungry, have solid people instincts, and want to play a role in building general AI agents, we can’t wait to meet you!
This position is SF-based with the expectation that you can be in office when candidates are onsite, which we try to limit to 2–3 days/week.
• You’re endlessly curious about people and enjoy supporting their journeys.
• You’re excited to dive deeper into AI and synthesize technical concepts to a degree that you can explain them to a technical audience (e.g. explaining our roadmap, outlining current research projects, etc.).
• You're high agency, scrappy, and excited to take ownership over building the Generally Intelligent team.
• A background in recruiting is not required and not expected—everything you need to know can be learned on the job
• You’re able to quickly get a sense of a person and their motivations.
• You’re excited to be on Zoom calls with candidates at least 50% of the workday.
• A background in psychology, personal coaching, or other high-interaction professions is a plus (though absolutely not required).
What you'll do
• One of your primary responsibilities will be to conduct initial chats with candidates, though these will be more career coaching sessions than typical recruiter screens. On these calls, you’ll get a sense of the candidate’s motivations, existing skillset, and personal/professional needs. You will also be expected to discuss our company, culture, projects, and roadmap on a deep, meaningful level.
• Supported by a recruiting coordinator, you will manage the end-to-end pipeline of candidates from application to closing the offer. This involves frequent touch points with candidates to support them throughout the process.
• Supported by talent sourcers, you will be responsible for managing the top-of-funnel efforts, including overseeing outreach campaigns, filtering applicants, and working with agencies.
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work that you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skill sets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the *personal* computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter