SAN FRANCISCO, CA /ENGINEERING /FULL-TIME/ ON-SITE
In this role, you’ll have end-to-end ownership over our entire product. We are still in the very earliest stages of development, so you’ll have the ability to shape our product from beginning to end—not just the technologies that we use, but also the overall direction of our product. You will be responsible for everything to do with product, from user interviews, to prototype development, to ensuring that we have a smooth process for deploying changes.
This role is a particularly good fit for anyone who either has previously been, or would like to be, a founder of a software product company. We are looking primarily for judgment—for someone who can understand what actually matters and then make that happen.
• Conduct user interviews. Shadow users on the job and as they use the product.
• Develop prototypes for entirely new products.
• Deploy new products and quickly generate feedback from both internal and external users.
• Create robust frontend and backend infrastructure to support fast iteration.
• Rapidly iterate and ship new features.
• Motivated by solving real problems for real customers.
• Energized by understanding and talking to users.
• Able to work independently and without explicit directions.
• A great software engineer. You will need to write a considerable amount of software across the stack.
• Familiar with Python.
• Either experienced or interested in being a founder of a software product company.
• Work directly on creating software with human-like intelligence.
• Generous compensation, equity, and benefits.
• $20K+ yearly budget for self-improvement: coaching, courses, conferences, etc.
• Actively co-create and participate in a positive, intentional team culture.
• Spend time learning, reading papers, and deeply understanding prior work.
• Frequent team events, dinners, off-sites, and hanging out.
How to apply
All submissions are reviewed by a person, so we encourage you to include notes on why you're interested in working with us. If you have any other work that you can showcase (open source code, side projects, etc.), certainly include it! We know that talent comes from many backgrounds, and we aim to build a team with diverse skillsets that spike strongly in different areas.
We try to reply either way within a week or two at most (usually much sooner).
Imbue builds AI systems that reason and code, enabling AI agents to accomplish larger goals and safely work in the real world. We train our own foundation models optimized for reasoning and prototype agents on top of these models. By using these agents extensively, we gain insights into improving both the capabilities of the underlying models and the interaction design for agents.
We aim to rekindle the dream of the *personal* computer, where computers become truly intelligent tools that empower us, giving us freedom, dignity, and agency to pursue the things we love.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter