Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! GoFundMe is looking to build out our Payments engineering team. We are searching for a dedicated Software Engineering Manager who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
- Lead a team of engineers focused on expanding foundations and building and iterating on payments capabilities to empower global giving and philanthropy on GoFundMe.
- Responsible for growing and inspiring the team through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Develop an inclusive team in which people are empowered, engaged and inspired to do the best work of their careers.
- Partner with peers in Product Management and Design to craft and evolve the team’s mission, strategy and roadmap. You will enable your team to execute on the roadmap using agile development methodologies.
- Partner with peers to refine success metrics for product and engineering operations and advocate for engineering processes that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Work closely with Recruiting to help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- 5+ years of software development experience, 2 or more years managing an engineering team.
- Strong knowledge and experience with a modern, object oriented language.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with Apache Kafka or similar
- Experience working with payment processing, PCI compliance, and payment processor integration
- Self starter, excited about new technologies and continuous learning
- Strong communication skills with no hesitation to share your ideas
- Strong work ethic - You are reliable, produce quality work, take pride and ownership in your work
- Proven track record of building applications or integrations from the ground up
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant professional work experience
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $165,000 - $225,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
GoFundMe 2022 | Year in Help
We Support Justice + Equality