Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
As the Senior Manager, Global Payroll Vendor Partnership Management you will own the end to end procurement of Global Payroll vendors, drive & maintain multiple payroll vendor projects with tight timelines, engage in positive, multi-stakeholder collaborations and drive continuous performance management reviews with external Global Payroll partners.
- Leadership through hiring, mentoring and supporting a high-performance global team
- Ownership of payroll vendor scoping, contract negotiations and relationship management
- Drive Go-To-Market strategies for new country expansion and onboarding
- Financial analysis partnering with FP&A and AP teams for revenue growth and cost efficiencies
What you bring
- 8+ years of work experience in a regional or global payroll operations/processing/implementation capacity.
- 5+ years of work experience with vendor relationship / vendor procurement / contract negotiations.
- Excellent & proficient with payroll tax compliance regulations for 3 or more countries.
- Positive leader mindset with ability to work independently and take ownership.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with extreme attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in using G-Sheets or Excel is a must.
- Resilient and able to work in a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- You understand the need and idea to work largely asynchronously.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- You must write and speak fluent English.
- Lead through our company values a global team that maintains vendor relationships and collaborates with cross-functional teams successfully.
- Continuous market research for best-in-class and strategically-fit payroll vendors via networking, online researching, surveys, references, memberships and RFIs.
- Create and maintain current financial cost analysis, comparisons, future ROI and profit margins.
- Project manage the E2E for all Global Payroll and EOR in-housing payroll vendor setup, from vendor selection, to stakeholder alignment, migration, testing & communications.
- Build, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with all our contracted payroll vendors across our different service platforms and different countries. Over 130 vendors and growing.
- Review the tracking of Invoice costs with FP&A against PO cost analysis with Payroll Operations team and identify anomalies versus agreed contractual costs.
- Drive and manage the contract negotiations between legal teams and executives that are financially and commercially beneficial to the business strategy and profit margin growth.
- You'll report to: Director of Global Payroll Experience & Implementation
- Team: Global Payroll Experience - Vendor Solutions
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify: Central America or South America
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $69,100 USD to $155,500 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Manager & Skills Assessment
- Interview with Hiring Manager; Director of Global Payroll Experience & Implementation
- Interview with Payroll General Manager
- Prior employment verification check(s)
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits
. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.