A24 is seeking a team member to join our Legal and Business Affairs team in a leadership role to help oversee scripted television-related legal and business affairs. You should be a motivated self-starter with a strong interest in intellectual property, and scripted television development, production, finance, and distribution. This role will be an integral member of a highly collaborative Legal and Business Affairs department, overseeing the US scripted television team and functioning as a key contributor to our growth. This role is based in our West Hollywood office.
- Play a critical role in developing business strategies relating to A24’s US scripted television slate
- Partner with other key members of the TV team (legal, business, finance, creative and production) to design and operationally implement such strategies
- Liaise and negotiate with key network partners in connection with the licensing and distribution of A24’s series projects, both for worldwide single-distributor deals and deficit financed single-territory deals
- For deficit financed series projects, manage legal processes relating to international distribution
- Structure and negotiate broader partnership deals with key talent (e.g., first looks, multi-project collaborations)
- Serve as business liaison with talent agencies, attorneys, networks and other key collaborators
- Play a meaningful role in the development and management of team of business and legal affairs executives
- Oversee and manage various aspects of scripted TV productions, working with a broad range of in-house personnel and external counsel, and supervise team of executives in doing same
- Oversee internal slate of development, taking the lead on negotiating deals with key auspices (e.g., showrunners, rights, directors, performers), and supervise team of executives in doing same
- Oversee executives in connection with the drafting and negotiation of development and license agreements
- J.D. with strong academic performance and membership in good standing in California bar
- 8+ years of transactional experience working in a television business affairs department, legal affairs department and/or entertainment law firm
- Experience with development production, distribution and financing matters
- Expertise with respect to guild and union agreements, contracts, and intellectual property law
- Strong attention to detail, project management, time management, long-term planning skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent writing and organizational skills, including clear and effective written and verbal communication skills, negotiating skills, strong drafting abilities and a can-do, no job is too small, team attitude
- Professional individual who can build strong relationships, both internally and externally, and is able to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Humble, diligent and resourceful
We are looking for diverse perspectives. A24 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all kinds of candidates.
We do not use formal job titles internally and similarly named positions may have different compensation levels. Our target compensation range for this role is between $200,000 and $230,000. Actual starting pay within the range will depend on various considerations, including: work experience, skills, specializations, and training. We do not use formal job titles internally and similarly named positions may have different compensation levels. This role is also eligible for an annual performance bonus, including both cash and equity components, competitive healthcare, as well as other employee benefits.
A24 is the global entertainment company behind this year's historic Academy-Award® winning film Everything Everywhere All At Once. A24's premium library of 130+ films and TV shows includes Emmy-winning series Euphoria and Golden Globe winning series Ramy, and such award winning films as Minari, Moonlight, Lady Bird, Midsommar, Amy, and Uncut Gems. Upcoming television projects include The Sympathizer from Park Chan-Wook starring Robert Downey Jr. Recently released films include Danny and Michael Philippou's Talk to Me, and Underrated with Steph Curry.