Downtown Music is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. As the preferred partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs, and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, we offer bespoke distribution, publishing administration, creative marketing and finance solutions to entrepreneurial creators and their partners. Downtown Music is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings.
All internship positions are open to either remote or in office employment. All internship positions are part time and paid an hourly rate of $16.04 per hour. Applications for this role are open until July 26th. The Fall 2023 Internship Program will run from September 19th - December 8th.
What you'll do:
- Support data retrieval tasks for teams throughout the organization
- Assist with the creation of data glossaries and documentation
- Create dashboards that consolidate and organize business KPIs that are informative, intuitive, and actionable
You are / have:
- Experience with SQL and advanced Excel
- Experience with macOS
- Basic understanding of analytical techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience with business intelligence software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Familiarity with music metadata
- Familiarity with the music industry, especially music publishing rights (copyright, licensing, royalty administration)
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively in a growing music tech company
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Q&A Sessions with various Downtown Music Holdings Employees and Leadership
- Paid Internship opportunity at $16.04 per hour
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Note: Downtown Music Publishing offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, NJ, NY, TN.