Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is looking for a Community and Events Manager to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools team and support the coordination and management of all institutional-related events. This person will help implement our event strategy, build our community of thought leaders, experts, administrators, and teachers, and manage our social media presence. This role will be focused on enhancing our company's image and improving customer and community engagement. The Community and Events Manager will work closely with Varsity Tutors for Schools’ marketing, sales, and customer success teams along with third party vendors, subject matter experts, and other community members to ensure a successful strategy that increases Varsity Tutors for Schools’ presence in the education market.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including Learning Memberships, one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, coding, tutor chat, essay review, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
Event Management Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of the annual conference and events calendar to include in person national and regional events, along with virtual events.
- Manage sponsorships and exhibiting activities, and coordinate attendance with the sales team.
- Implement a strategy to position Varsity Tutors for Schools as a thought leader by procuring speaking engagements, keynote presentations, and panel opportunities with internal staff, customers, advisors, and partners.
- Manage the event supply inventory to ensure all events have the resources they need including but not limited to booth materials for exhibiting and promotional materials.
- Coordinate event marketing plans for pre-event, during event, and post event activities.
- Develop metrics and report on activities, successes and opportunities to determine event return on investment.
Social Media Management Responsibilities:
- Build new profiles on social media channels, and implement the social media strategy to create a community of followers.
- Implement a social media strategy for Varsity Tutors for Schools that will engage the B2B, state, district, and school community.
- Develop, publish, and manage social media content on the VT4S profiles, working with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing.
- Support with content development such as blog posts, articles, newsletters, and graphics for social media channels.
- Actively engage with the Varsity Tutors for Schools’ community on social media channels, and develop a strategy for marketing, sales, and customer success teams to leverage their social media presence.
- Measure and report out on the success of the social media strategy.
Community Management Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the community management strategy that includes internal staff, thought leaders, advisors, customers, and partners.
- Manage advisory councils that can support Varsity Tutors for Schools’ growth, working closely with the marketing and communications departments.
- Implement an annual engagement plan that leverages the community participants throughout Varsity Tutors for Schools’ marketing activities.
- Organize various community building initiatives to cultivate and grow participation in the communities.
- Monitor and optimize community engagement levels.
- Bachelor's degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Marketing, or a related field (Master's degree is a plus).
- Proven experience in event management or a related role, including planning and executing a range of events.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in event management software and tools.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, to manage events.
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.