Product Management Intern - Mobile
Minneapolis based preferred, Open to Remote
About the Role:
As a Product Managment Intern, you will aid in the coordination, organization, and overall improvement of Sezzle’s mobile App, a key growth opportunity for the company. You will work across the Product, Corporate Strategy, Sales, and Marketing teams to coordinate Mobile initiatives to Sezzle’s strategic vision. This role works cross functionally between product management, corporate strategy, and sales.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and passionate individual to join our team. We desire candidates who are self-directed and able to adapt to frequently changing roles. We are looking for a data-oriented individual as this role will require running & analyzing reports as well as running SQL queries. As a Sezzler, you may be asked to wear many hats and contribute across our entire product experience! If you are ready to join a company that moves quickly and where you can make a large impact to the company goals, you've found the right place!
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission.
Key Role Responsibilities:
● Work directly with the Mobile Product Manager, Product Designers, and Mobile Engineering team to execute key initiatives within the Sezzle Mobile App.
● Manage the engineering backlog and help prioritize work to be done based on quarterly organizational goals.
● Improve, manage, and document processes for shopper and merchant cohorts with the Sezzle directory to optimize the overall shopper experience.
● Explore and propose new revenue opportunities related to the subscription offerings available within the Sezzle ecosystem.
● Gathering feedback and presenting insights that can drive key business decisions.
● Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week. We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
● Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 3 years of coursework completed.
● GPA of 3.6 or higher
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
● Data and analytics background preferred.
● Proficient in SQL.
● Experienced with Excel and able to interpret large sets of data.
● Possess the ability to be a self-starter. You see a problem, and you…
○ Assess the situation and any variables.
○ Work quickly and accurately to resolve the problem.
○ Identify areas where processes can be defined or improved.
○ Take the initiative and work autonomously to implement improvements.
● Ability to react to a rapidly changing organization with a true start-up mentality.
● Has a team-oriented mindset of sharing the load of work but is also willing to step-up when resources are minimized.
● Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, showing patience and eagerness to learn.
● Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
● Critical thinker. We need people that are able to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
● A hard-working mentality.
● Strong organizational skills.
● An excellent communicator.
● A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
● A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
Perks & Benefits:
● Competitive pay
● Flexible remote-first work environment
● Sick + Safe Time Off
● Impactful and meaningful projects
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire. Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The compensation range for the role is $18 - 22 / hour. Our ranges are very broad to accommodate all types of candidates and encourage growth. Specific compensation offered to a candidate may be dependent on factors such as education, experience, qualifications, and alignment with market data. Exceptional candidates may receive salaries outside of the posted ranges.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter