Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
The Senior Talent Partner at Clipboard Health is responsible for identifying, communicating, and recruiting candidates for leadership job openings in the finance function at Clipboard Health. You will work with hiring managers, department staff, employment websites, internal sources, external sources, and candidates to ensure a quick and smooth hiring process for both Clipboard Health, potential candidates, and future team members.
You need to be able to accommodate USA time-zone hours.
In this role I….
- Develop recruiting processes to fit the needs of each job vacancy and department need.
- Work with internal team members to identify potential candidates from a pipeline and perform direct outreach to candidates.
- Interview and evaluate potential candidates at various stages through the recruitment process including phone screens, assessment tools, video interviews, etc.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Am able to find innovative approaches to managing my time given the variety of tasks I am given. These tasks include sourcing, interviewing and improving hiring processes
- Work directly with candidates during the recruiting process and hiring process to keep them informed of the process and be their direct contact at Clipboard Health.
As a top performer, I…
- Stay organized. You are skilled at keeping track of a variety of job openings and hiring processes, making sure good and qualified candidates do not “fall through the cracks”.
- Stay Positive, informed, and polite. A recruiter often is the first point of contact for people who eventually become our team members - it is important to make a good first impression for CBH.
- Stay informed. Many of the job positions you will hire for are technically complex - it takes effort to understand the needs of each role and to accurately communicate them to candidates.
- Am on top of all my candidate communication - I respond to candidates quickly within 1 day
- Meet all my metrics - meeting metrics related to sourcing candidates, interviews and time to fill.
- Stay Compliant. You understand the full range of relevant laws and regulations related to hiring across the US and worldwide.
My Superpowers are...
- Putting people at ease. I help get the best, most complete information out of interviews by making candidates feel comfortable and enthusiastic about the opportunity.
- Getting along well with all kinds of people. I feel comfortable talking to artists, engineers, and everything in-between, and I love working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to make a process effective, efficient, and a positive experience for everyone involved.
- Thinking outside the box. Where a candidate is not a good fit for a particular position, I’m thinking of other opportunities that might be great for them. When candidates are difficult to source, I figure out non-conventional places to find them.
- Managing multiple searches effectively and efficiently
I work with...
- Chief of Staff and the Recruiting Team
- You and the Hiring Managers work together to develop pay scales, build job descriptions, confirm hiring decisions, create offer letters and make job offers to candidates.
- You communicate to accommodate any special needs or information the candidate might have after the hiring process concludes but before employment begins.
- Department Managers and team members
- You work with department managers to determine specific requirements and qualifications for each of the roles needed by the teams they lead.
- You gather all information necessary to create job descriptions, make job postings, identify candidates for outreach, and perform initial interviews.
- Prospective Candidates
- You are the first “face of Clipboard Health” for each candidate.
Tools I use…
- Various recruiting websites – including international and technical job boards.
- Applicant Tracking Systems (Greenhouse experience preferred).
- GSuite Programs (including but not limited to slack, sheets, and forms).
- At least 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting for finance leadership positions (manager, vice president, director, C-suite roles)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to talk to and network with individuals at different levels and in different industries worldwide.
- Familiarity with various job boards and applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience recruiting globally or in a start-up environment.
- Proven ability to track recruitment metrics including candidate pipeline, time to fill, and source of hire.
90 Days plan, what success looks like in this role?
- First Week: Welcome to Clipboard Health, in your first week we will focus on onboarding. You will have the opportunity to meet and familiarize yourself with our recruiting team, develop a good understanding of our hiring culture, and adopt our various recruiting tools such as Greenhouse, Brighthire, Ashby, Goodtime, LinkedIn, Work Recruiter, AngelList, and more.
- Second Week: In your second week, you will engage with key stakeholders from the product team, You will thoroughly review the product hiring documentation and sync with the product team to develop a comprehensive understanding of Clipboard Health's product hiring practices. You will write an initial action plan (v1) outlining your hiring & sourcing strategies. By the end of this week, you will source a few sample candidates and share them with the team for calibration.
- Fourth Week and Onwards: We expect you to achieve your primary sourcing metrics, i.e. adding a minimum of 50 qualified candidates per week to the product funnel. Congratulations on completing your first month with us!
- Fifth Week: You will share your very first WBR report with stakeholders as per the format here. From here on, you will be expected to consistently meet your Hiring Manager interview metrics by conducting at least four interviews per week and hold yourself accountable for the same.
- Sixth Week: You will reassess your hiring action plan by leveraging the knowledge and experience gained over the previous five weeks to create an improved version, a v2, and begin implementing the next iteration.You have slowly begun to make an impact on the product team - you actively brainstorm with them to develop new hiring strategies, they reach out to you for hiring support and they depend on you for getting High quality candidates consistently in to the funnel.
- Seventh Week and Onwards: You will start innovatively contributing to other interesting side-projects outside your core product hiring responsibilities. These projects may involve tasks such as implementing recruitment automation, enhancing the candidate experience, creating recruiting content, strengthening employer branding and marketing efforts, establishing external and internal referral programs, and engaging in university recruitment initiatives.
- Over the next five weeks, you will continue to meet and exceed your metrics while challenging yourself to identify areas of improvement for yourself, your hiring team and our recruiting team. In addition to your core responsibilities, you will proactively contribute to other projects, helping us build new processes and revamp existing ones. You will consistently conduct deep dives and defect hunt to uncover key clues in your hiring and support it by writing up thoughtful action plans on how you plan to improve on parts of the hiring process. Excelling at these attributes will help you land a 4 in your performance review.
- Congratulations on successfully completing your first three months at Clipboard Health! By this time, we expect you to have filled at least one position within the Product org through your sourcing efforts and consistently met your metrics at least 90% of the time. Through your efforts and creative problem-solving skills, you have elevated the recruiting team’s standards, and have spearheaded the design of new processes and enhancing existing ones. You have become our go-to person and subject-matter expert for all aspects of product recruitment. We have conducted your first performance review, and you have achieved a score of 4 out of 5. Let's discuss your future aspirations and plan for your next steps within the organization.