*Hybrid position, based in Chicago.
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring! Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
An industry leader, GoFundMe’s Trust & Safety department leverages a variety of technical tools to assist our talented and motivated team in protecting our customers from fraud. By protecting the opportunity to give safely online, we drive growth, strengthen our brand, and do the right thing by our customers. As a company, we created an easy-to-use product, built a Customer Care team that delivers rapid support to our customers, and established the first and only donor protection guarantee in the industry: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Within Trust & Safety, one part of the team focuses on handling content moderation review, policy escalations, and helping ensure funds are safely delivered, while as a member of the Trust team, you will be responsible for reviewing customer-submitted reports and investigating fundraisers accused of fraud or misuse. This is an incredibly fast-paced job where you are required to investigate all options, operate at an impeccable level of consistency, and collaborate to find the right solution in your quest to keep GoFundMe safe.
We have built an extraordinary group of driven and intelligent professionals who focus on developing their skills and moving the department forward in the exciting space of social fundraising. We are looking to add talented people who will protect and strengthen our global trusted community and master new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains a trusted place to give online. Comment end
- Conduct investigations into fundraisers, working with customers and leveraging outside sources to remove fraudulent ones. Analysts spend 3-4 hours in email support each day.
- Carry out the GoFundMe Guarantee by ensuring donors and beneficiaries receive funds lost from misleading or fraudulent behavior. Specialists spend 2-3 hours in various review tools each day.
- Professional development. Analysts have 1 hour of project time each day to work on initiatives that push the team and their careers forward.
- Work with law enforcement agencies to assist in the investigation and prosecution of internet criminals.
- Recognize and work cross-functionally with internal teams to reverse account security breaches and mitigate fraudulent donation activity.
- Work with Compliance, Payment Risk, Legal, payment processor risk teams, and others to ensure fundraisers on GoFundMe are legitimate and donations are delivered to the correct parties.
- Field questions and vet fundraisers for the go-to-market and Communications team, collaboratively work with all of Risk, Compliance, Communications, Marketing, and Customer Operations teams on a regular basis and in emergencies, and become an expert in quickly resolving complicated issues through email, phone, and messaging software.
- Identify trends, handle escalations, and ensure safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of trust-related issues and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions in a new industry.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build Trust & Safety into the GoFundMe platform.
- Exemplify T&S core values (Protect Altruism, Agreement in Action, Find a Solution Together) and embody company and team culture
- Are a consistent high-performer with a strong attention to detail
- Have a background in Trust & Safety, content moderation or related field
- Quick learner with strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with ambiguity and quickly adapt to process and policy changes
- Are an effective problem solver: spots issues or efficiency gains and brings solutions forward
- Exude strong leadership skills
- Will support and implement efforts to connect with Dublin team
- Display natural ability to “think big” and take initiative
- Excited about joining a team focused on helping others
- Experience working independently with little to no guidance
- Thrive in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- See every interaction as a chance to build rapport and strengthen the public perception of GoFundMe
- Are comfortable engaging with government officials and industry leaders
- Encouraged, but not required: Bi-lingual: English and Spanish Speaker.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $60,000 - $85,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
GoFundMe 2022 | Year in Help
We Support Justice + Equality