Downtown Artist & Label services offers distribution, bespoke marketing solutions, and funding to entrepreneurial artists and their partners, ranging from emerging talent at the forefront of pop culture to the most storied managers and record labels. Downtown Music is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings. Downtown allows artists and their partners to achieve the same commercial success on digital sales and streaming platforms that they would expect of a major record label, without sacrificing any ownership in their works, control over their strategy, or their creative vision.
The ideal candidate for this internship is enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines, and interested in learning more about the music industry. Excellent written and oral communication skills are appreciated as well as the ability to conduct research and present findings in an organized manner. Experience in graphic design, writing or copyediting is a plus.
Our internship positions are open to either remote or in office employment. All internship positions are part time and paid an hourly rate of $16.04 per hour. Applications for this role are open until July 26th.
The Fall 2023 Internship Program will run from September 19th - December 8th.
What you'll do:
- Assisting with general office duties (phone, mail, organization)
- Updating /maintaining release and promotional calendars
- Working directly with promotions/ marketing department on artist campaigns
- Assisting with graphic design for social media and advertising assets
- Support promotional planning and execution for artist and label partners
- Writing descriptions for albums and tracks for playlist placements
- Participating in meetings & brainstorming sessions related to artist development
- Monitoring social media & assisting in communications with users on Twitter and Instagram
- Evaluating potential users and providing support to other new acquisition initiatives
- Providing operational support to promotions/ marketing department
- Tracking competitors and conducting online research
You are / have:
- Enthusiastic and optimistic! We are a passionate team and are looking for someone with a positive attitude that thrives on juggling multiple projects at once.
- Organized, detail oriented, and eager to dive in where necessary.
- Able to understand deadlines and keep up with a fast-paced work environment with little direction.
- Collaborate well with others, know how to prioritize and manage expectations.
- Interested in music, marketing, social media, and have great written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with all major Social Media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter).
- Self motivated with the ability to multi-task, a critical thinker, and have problem solving skills.
- Graphic design skills - Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with G-Suite.
- Open to candidates based in Los Angeles and remotely
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively in a growing music tech company
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Q&A Sessions with various Downtown Music Holdings Employees and Leadership
- Paid Internship opportunity at $16.04 per hour
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Note: Artist & Label Services offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, IN, MD, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, TN, TX, WA.