SKIMS is looking for a skilled Planner to drive the successful execution and communication of sales and inventory management that supports the financial plan. The Planner will support strategic merchandise plans and targets for select categories within our ecommerce business to maximize sales, optimize inventory, and increase margin through the analysis of historical sales trends, current in-season patterns, and future forecasts. They will own style level buy planning and in-season inventory management within their categories.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding drive, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, a strong skillset in Excel, ability to use data to drive decision making, and communicate effectively to inform business partners of opportunities and risks. They will have experience with inventory planning and buying processes for an apparel business or similar. Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and prioritize under tight deadlines are crucial. Enthusiasm for the brand and a positive outlook would round out the ideal candidate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Analyze sales, inventory, and ecommerce data on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis and prepare thoughtful recommendations that can be discussed and implemented cross-departmentally to immediately impact the business.
· Create, update, and publish informative and clear recaps on the designated product categories on a weekly and monthly basis for the planning team and cross-functional partners, including any ad hoc requests that may arise.
· Manage inventory ladders and projections on a weekly basis for core styles at the sku level and submit buys to production on a monthly cadence to ensure never-out-of-stock in key portions of the business. Review and recommend updates to core assortment at least once per quarter to maintain/grow productivity.
· Build out pre-season buy plans for non-core items informed by hindsight analysis and in collaboration with merch counterparts, present recommendations to Directors and above, and complete all sized buys on a quarterly basis.
· Collaborate with wholesale planning partners to maximize inventory turns and revenue by leveraging inventory (both existing and future on order) to optimize sales, inventory turns, and margin.
· Constantly monitor PO shifts informed by production and ops and advise on any delivery shifts or changes to mode of transport in order to ensure never-out-of-stock position, protect OTB, and maximize IMU.
· Perform size-level analysis and recommend size curves for each category in the business used in the execution of buy and deployment processes.
· Actively contribute to a team and company that is establishing best practices and building culture by bringing new ideas to the table, working as a team, and maintaining an optimistic outlook.
· 3+ years of analytical experience in merchandise planning or inventory management.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups, pivot tables, logic formulas, and basic macros.
· Familiarity or experience with ladder or replenishment planning.
· A firm understanding of how to use data to drive decisions and communicate business needs effectively.
· Previous experience with planning and business intelligence tools such as Toolio, Looker, Netsuite, Google Analytics, Shopify, etc. are beneficial but not required.
· Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure.
· Strong organizational and time management skills; able to effectively manage multiple priorities.
$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 a year
Benefits and Culture
· 100 % Company Paid Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
· Kind Body Fertility Benefits
· 401(k) savings plan with up to 5% match
· Unlimited PTO
· Full Access to linked in learning
· Employee Discounts
Perks (HQ Location)
· Free weekly catered lunch at HQ – M/W/Th
· Dog-Friendly office
· Free Swag Giveaways
· Annual Holiday Party
· Annual Summer Party
· Invitations to pop-ups and other company events
· Complimentary daily office snacks and beverages
SKIMS is committed to continuously creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates, reflective of the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Equitable workplaces foster innovation and excellence, and in our commitment to culture of belonging qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Subscribe to Rise newsletter