Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Sr. Content Developer role is responsible for instructional design, curriculum development and program management to produce amazing technical content for Snowflake’s customers, internals and partners. This hands-on, course building role delivers course slides, demo’s, and hands on exercises for Instructor led and On-Demand courses. This job is a dream for the Data Engineer who is always mentoring peers on lunch and learns, or the Data Warehouse architect who writes the documentation for the help desk team, or the technical writer wanting to share more rich, creative content with the world! You probably already blog, write tutorials or videos online.
The Snowflake Education Services team is fanatic about building Snowflake technical champions worldwide, and helping learners boost their confidence and skills. We constantly deliver innovative learning to help them excel at their job using the amazing Snowflake data platform!
- Leads planning, analysis, design and development of course materials for various delivery modes including but not limited to online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content.
- Produces new content and labs at high velocity that includes presentations, exercises, and demos and applies adult learning principles and systematic instruction design to create content that best fits the needs of the learner.
- Consults/Collaborates with subject matter experts to understand, scope and create courses
- Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects that results in on time deliverables
- Creates course datasheets and maintains their accuracy as the course evolves
- Reviews participant and instructor feedback continuously to ensure the depth and breadth of the course meets/exceeds expectations
- Produces maintenance releases of courses as needed to keep courses up to date with product feature releases
- Consistently upskills on Snowflake and remain up-to-date with market trends-remember, you are the expert in the skills we enable for our learners.
- Collaborates within Education Services to assist as needed with projects.
- Delivering Instructor led training at a minimum of 4 days per quarter.
On Day One We Will Expect You to Have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Data Systems, Technical Communication
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, cloud engineering, systems architecture, database development or technical writing or education
- 2+ years of hands on experience in a technical role (data warehousing, cloud data, analytics, SQL, or ML/AI)
- 3+ Experience designing and developing training, documentation, or consulting materials for technical audiences or clients (formal or informal)
- Experience using content development tools (Camtasia, Git, Photoshop, SnagIt, Powerpoint, Visio/LucidChart)
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Understands the benefits and practices both remote and asynchronous work and communication
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to incorporate them into content Experience with product building tools such as Git (or similar), build scripts, CI/CD, automated testing, Jira (or similar)
- Experience delivering technical courses
It Would Be Nice if You Bring These Skills to the Table:
- SnowPro Core Certification
The following represents the expected range of compensation for this role:
- The estimated base salary range for this role is $113,000 - $160,600.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Snowflake’s bonus and equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location. This role is also eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; at least 12 paid holidays; paid time off; parental leave; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?