Live Events Manager – Austin, TX
Dear Media is seeking a talented and qualified candidate to help execute experiential and live events for Dear Media.
As the Live Events Manager, you will work with key stakeholders at the business to develop and execute Dear Media’s touring, event and experiential strategy, including identifying venue and vendor partnerships, managing the network’s event calendar, organizing event production teams, and working with other internal and external partners to ensure successful events and experiences. In this role, you will apply your knowledge and contacts to develop live tours and experiences for Dear Media and the roster of talent, including live podcast recordings, summits, and various network talent facing experiential opportunities.
Candidates must have the ability to function under tight deadlines in a fast-paced working environment and be able to manage schedules/calendars, in addition to prepping for meetings and events. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the podcast industry and the touring and entertainment industries as a whole. Previous touring experience is required.
- Work with Talent team to build out annual event/touring/live calendar and identify new opportunities for the network and talent roster
- Manage all live events with venue, vendor, client and agency partners
- Manage event production objectives/tasks throughout all phases of the event by creating all necessary event documents (timelines, inventory checklists, set up/breakdown schedules, run-of-shows, production schedule, invoicing and payments, etc.) that will be essential in the execution of events
- Research and assist in selection of event sites and venues, ensuring all permitting needs and procedures are met
- Work with the Marketing and Sales departments for event sponsorships and business growth including development and production of promotional and event materials
- Work with the Merch department to build out presence and execution of product at events
- Maintain strong relationships across other departments, collaborating effectively on cross-functional projects
- Track and review contracts, clients calendars and payments
- Travel for in person events as needed
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Passion for Podcast industry and live events
- Minimum 3+ years of live event experience including the production of live events, tours and fabrication of event elements
- Experience with client servies and overall event management
- Comfortability and confidence in working within budget
- Working knowledge of event and venue sourcing
- Knowledgeable about and willingness to learn about industry trends, technology and innovations, products and services, etc.
- Must be able to travel regularly
- Proficiency in GSuite
- Ability to navigate from big-picture thinking to thinking on your feet
- Motivated self-starter with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to adapt to the unplanned
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, no task is too big or small
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated managerial capabilities
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Success Requires That…
- You are a direct communicator and welcome direct communication.
- You love to win.
- You want to get your hands dirty.
- You solve problems.
- You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- If you don’t know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You give credit where credit is due and take responsibility for misses.
- You love working in a creative environment.
- You know there’s more than one way to approach a problem and work hard to find the solution that works best for the company and team.
- You have a sense of humor. Seriously.
- You are an insatiable learner.
- You are a good human.
Dear Media is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Dear Media offers parental and family leave along with generous health and dental benefits for all employees