As a Product Manager, you lead by example exemplifying maturity in prioritization, process, solution design, analytical thinking, stakeholder management, technical acumen and delivery. You naturally integrate strategic business thinking in your day to day decisions, steering the organization to focus on building the right solutions at the right time.
In this role you will be responsible for exploring current and creating new solutions to support internal teams that support entrepreneurs. Examples may include identifying possible collaboration tools across various functional areas, optimizing networking tools for programs in diverse locations and crafting new solutions to replace/supplement existing processes.
You will strategically define and build products that deliver on customer pain points, business needs and market opportunity using lean and agile production methodologies. This role serves as the champion for our customers’ interests internally, making and influencing decisions about product features, priorities, functionality, and user experiences with the goal of increasing customer value.
- Ruthlessly prioritize and effectively manage stakeholder insights and expectations
- Solve problems efficiently and rationalize solutions that clearly highlight trade-offs and frame up a variety of potential solutions
- Assist leadership with resource planning, problem solving and architectural solutions
- Create detailed strategic product roadmaps that communicate incremental value delivered to the business or customers
- Build a deep understanding of engineering capabilities and recommend plans that capitalize on resource strengths to provide the most meaningful contributions to the business
- Lead, mentor, motivate and help scale a developing product and design organization
- 4+ years experience in product management, technical consulting, business strategy, or related field that spans business and consumer users
- Greenfield product development, taking concepts through research and planning to development and delivery
- Proven track record in building partnerships and conducting product research with internal stakeholders. Ability to gather detailed information from multiple stakeholders and creatively develop universal solutions
- Advanced technical acumen and experience working directly with, and leading, engineers.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically to craft compelling product visions that both meets customer demand and aligns with company initiatives
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead peers and stakeholders with patience and grace
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and use the terminology understood by audiences as diverse as executives, finance, legal, and engineering developers and to communicate product information to large organization
- Bachelor degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Computer Science or related field
What We Look For:
- Exceptional judgment and rationale - ability to judge whether or not to consider taking on unplanned work, ability to come up with solutions that achieve the strategic intent of the business while maximizing value to end users and keeping stakeholders happy (or at least neutral)
- Ability to lead and drive - strong presence amongst team members and stakeholders
- Ability to be diplomatic with stakeholders and lead the path forward in difficult situations (ability to maintain positive relationships with stakeholders while driving the best outcomes for our customers/user, the business and the engineering department)
- Ability to pivot, pause, persevere or abandon where necessary, to achieve intended business outcomes using resources wisely (extraordinary resourcefulness)
- Ability to remain equanimous in the midst of shifting priorities, additional unplanned scope or any unexpected changes
- Possess the empathy and interpersonal skills to develop an understanding of the needs of, and communicate effectively with, a large variety of partner teams to secure buy-in for new initiatives.
Compensation range: $110,000.00 - $135,000.00 + 10% Bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $79 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: