We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing, versatile Data Engineering team. This person will be a key member of analytical projects and will contribute to data discovery, pipeline implementation, and analytics modeling. This role requires a person with hands on technical experience who is comfortable with delivering scalable solutions that meet (and exceed!) business needs and is comfortable working with various tools and methodologies.
- Work closely with Data Engineering Lead to scope, document, and ingest data from structured and unstructured sources into Fortune’s data warehouse.
- Collaborate with BI & Analytics stakeholders to fully understand business and technical requirements, and be able to communicate a clear path of work.
- Design, develop, and deploy data models to meet BI & Analytics use cases.
- Explore and structure web analytics data capture with our Product Analytics lead.
- Identify opportunities for optimization with our existing pipelines and data warehouse automations.
- Document and provide support for existing implemented solutions.
- Collaborate across the Data Engineering team to add value where necessary
2+ years relevant professional experience in a technical, data centric role (analyst, modeler, engineer). Preferably in digital media or publishing.
- Experience with web analytics platforms (ex. Google Analytics, Amplitude) – Piano Analytics is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of SQL fundamentals – PostgreSQL and PLPGSQL are a plus.
- Proficiency in Python and ETL / data processing dependent libraries (think psycopg2, requests, pyspark / dask / pandas etc.).
- Experience in Data Modeling – taking raw data and surfacing as a usable data object by adding structure and implementing business logic.
- Experience with structuring ETL / ELTs and/or using ETL tools (ex. AWS Glue, DBT
- Experience with at least one of the major cloud platforms (ex. AWS, GCP) – we operate on an AWS stack
- Familiarity with OLTP databases
- Familiarity with Jira or other agile project management platforms
- Bonus – familiarity with NOSQL databases
- Bonus – familiarity with Shell / Bash scripting
- Bonus – familiarity with Google Tag Manager.
- Experience in digesting business requirements and translating those needs into technical implementation.
- Communicating architecture and implemented solutions in understandable terms to non-technical partners.
- Agency – owning and delivering on your responsibilities.
- Coachability and willingness to learn.
- Team player and champion for collaboration.
- Transparent in communicating work.
Location: NYC (hybrid). Must be commutable to our office in Lower Manhattan
A few of Fortune’s perks and benefits:
- 22 vacation days, 11 paid holidays and an honor-based sick leave policy
- Health, dental, and vision coverage (90% paid for individuals and families), plus a high-deductible health plan option where Fortune contributes to a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Generous parental leave
- Dependent care/health care/commuter FSAs, and cell phone benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program
- A commitment to an open, inclusive and diverse work culture
For Residents of California: Our California Resident Applicant and Prospective Applicant Privacy Notice is located at this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/fortune/jobs/4766493004.
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000