Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! GoFundMe is seeking our next Principal Data Product Manager who believes in the impact of GoFundMe and is passionate about our mission to help people help others. In this role, you will integrate seamlessly into our Data Team and focus on creating meaningful impact for both our clients and our business operations. As the lead product manager for our data organization, you'll be in charge of establishing the vision, formulating the strategy, and taking ownership of the planning and successful implementation of our data products.
- Define the strategic vision and the long-term roadmap to achieve it, ensuring you are working backwards from customers and utilizing data analysis to guide you.
- Create and manage a comprehensive product roadmap, outlining key milestones, features, and release plans, while effectively prioritizing based on customer value and business impact.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers and business leaders to translate technical capabilities into user centric features and experiences, ensuring alignment and efficient execution.
- Be the advocate for our customers (internal and external) and understand the needs of our community to build delightful experiences.
- Articulate the problems you’re solving, the vision you are going after, write crisp and clear requirements and communicate the challenges and constraints to senior management and various stakeholders.
- Experience with conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
- Data-informed decision-making: Use A/B Testing, market research, usability studies, and competitive analysis to drive product decisions.
- 7+ years of experience in product management with a focus on data and a proven track record of successfully launching and managing products.
- Proficiency in understanding and working with data, including familiarity with data analytics, data pipelines and a basic understanding of machine learning concepts.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with technical teams, understand technical constraints, and opportunities, and translating them into product features.
- Have a proven track record for building, launching and scaling successful products. Can take an idea/opportunity from a problem statement to a beautiful final product, leveraging the inputs of functional expertise throughout the org.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with designers, engineers, and other cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong communicator with the ability to bring people together to define a common vision and plan for action.
- Humility and willingness to dissect your decisions made, to constantly iterate towards the best version of your product-self.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA in a quantitative field or technical degree a plus.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $200,000 - $275,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
We’re proud to partner with GoFundMe.org, an independent public charity, to extend the reach and impact of our generous community, while helping drive critical social change. You can learn more about GoFundMe.org’s activities and impact in their FY ‘23 annual report.
Our annual “Year in Help” report reflects our community’s impact in advancing our mission of helping people help each other.
For recent company news and announcements, visit our Newsroom.