At Udemy, we’re on a mission to improve lives through the power of learning. We’re a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms, with more than 59 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals.
Talented people are everywhere, and the right opportunity can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by making learning more accessible for our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in Australia, India, Ireland, Türkiye, and the US. Learn more on our company page.
You’re an active listener and a determined person who thrives in a collaborative environment like ours. You want to use your skills to help others progress, whether that’s internally with your team or seeing the impact your work can have on people around the world as you help us expand into new markets. You’re ready for a challenge and aren’t afraid to try new ideas.
About this role
We are looking for a talented Content Services Manager that is driven by building relationships and being a key contributor to setting the strategic direction of major accounts. This is a role that requires coordinating internal and customer resources to initiate, coordinate, and manage numerous projects in concert from initiation through delivery. You will establish a strong partnership with Sales and Customer Success and bring a project management mindset to help customers achieve their learning strategy, deploy new programs, and measure success.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Management Services, you’re a strong customer-first advocate. You love finding innovative solutions to meet
customer needs and aligning internal and customer resources to deliver against objectives.
What you'll be doing:
- Overseeing the design, development, and production of projects to ensure customer satisfaction and deadlines are met
- Organizing the needs, concerns, and desires of the project into an evolving plan while driving clarity and minimizing complexity
- Fostering an environment of self-organization within the team such that the team is fully accountable for and committed to what they are delivering, and addressing their own issues whenever possible
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders within Customer Success, Sales, Content, Product, Engineering, and Marketing to create coordinated project plans and align these plans with customer expectations
- Managing time-bound and/or continuous customer-facing projects including project scope, schedule, budget, resource planning, risks, dependencies
- Establishing and driving adoption of project frameworks, documentation, tools, and best practices
- Assisting with pre-sales activities, such as advanced demos, supporting RPFs, and assessing where additional resources/processes may be needed to support technical solutions and product feature
What you’ll have
- 5+ years of relevant work experience as a customer-facing Content Services Manager or Implementation Manager for a SaaS company focused on the delivery of customer solutions
- Demonstrated history in project management and change management, working with large organizations
- A proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- The ability to develop and maintain a passion for the customer’s vision with our internal team.
- A disciplined and organized mindset that enables you to multitask across as many as 10-15 projects at a time
- A focus on results and outcomes, not just process. You have experience establishing processes that are appropriate but don’t view the process as a cure-all for delivery issues.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
We understand that not everyone will match each of the above qualifications. However, we also realize that everyone has unique experiences that can add value to our company. Even if you think your background might not perfectly align, we'd love to hear from you!
Life at Udemy
We aspire to be as vibrant and dynamic as the communities we serve, as inquisitive as those who use our platform, and as revolutionary as the future we strive to open for everyone. Here are some of the things we love about life at Udemy:
- We’re invested in creating an inclusive environment that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. From creating employee resource groups, ensuring we’re a Fair Pay Workplace, and building a flexible work culture, our belonging, equity, diversity, and inclusion (BEDI) initiatives always put our people first. We want you to be able to bring your authentic self to work because when we all do, we’re better for it.
- Learning is what we do – inside and out. Our Learning & Development team is second to none, helping ensure your journey is one of continuous progression. You’ll also have unlimited access to Udemy courses, monthly UDays (meeting-free professional development days), and a generous annual professional development stipend.
- Our reason to exist is to revolutionize learning – that calls for taking risks and learning from failures. Whether it’s our hackathons (a company-wide effort to envision new possibilities for our product) or sharing our prototypes, we see experimentation as a crucial step on the path to success.
- We’re committed to creating world-class employee experiences and are proud of the recognition of this by Great Place to Work. Learn more about our certification here and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog.
Of course, the best thing about being part of Udemy is knowing your work makes a difference for people and organizations around the world. You’ve got the skills; why not use them to help others develop theirs?
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our Benefits Start With U
Our benefits package at Udemy “starts with U” and is grounded in mission-driven benefits that intentionally align with our core values. Here’s a sneak peek at just a few highlighted benefits if you’re a full-time Udemate based in the United States:
- Core Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D, and disability coverage
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans, including HSA employer contributions
- Transgender Benefits: Expanded medical coverage for gender-affirming care
- Parental Benefits: Financial assistance for fertility (including egg-freezing), adoption, and surrogacy expenses; twelve weeks of paid family bonding for birth, surrogacy, adoption, and foster placement (plus up to six to ten weeks of paid disability leave for birthing parents) as well as a two-week “ease-back” program that enables parents to return part-time at full pay
- Whole U: Fully paid memberships for meditation/mindfulness, therapy/coaching visits, financial planning, fertility and family building, maternity and newborn care, parenting and pediatrics, menopause care, breastmilk shipping, and caregiving support
- Learning: Free access to Udemy and Udemy Business plus a yearly stipend to spend on professional development
- Retirement: Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
- Charitable Giving: Corporate charitable match for eligible nonprofits and charities
- Vacation: Flexible vacation for salaried Udemates and fifteen days per year for hourly
- Holidays: Twelve paid holidays throughout the year
Would you like to learn more about Udemy? Here are a few resources:
How Udemy Started [video]
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice.
At Udemy, we strive to be transparent around compensation. Actual compensation for this role is based on several factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, qualifications, experience, and specific work location due to differences in the cost of labor. In addition to a base salary, this role is also eligible for benefits and equity.
Hiring Compensation Range